Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New store - NuttyIdea.net

Motionbuzz

Total Posts:  4

This is the first time we used Magento. We normally use our own home-grown shopping cart system, but NuttyIdea.net needed a way to allow customers to create custom nut mixes, and Magento’s bundled products option fit the bill right out of the box. We used a slightly modified version of the default template for the main site, but we coded a unique package for the custom mix section so the customer can see a thumbnail of each ingredient as it is added to the mix.

NuttyIdea.net also offers free local delivery, and Magento’s built in Free Shipping option was a bit too global. So we created a custom Magento shipping module to offer Free Delivery as an option during checkout only if the customer’s zip code is near Nutty Idea’s headquarters. The applicable zip codes are managed via the Store Admin. We also created a Low Cost Local Delivery shipping module that works the same way with the zip codes, but it allows the store owner to set a low delivery fee instead of free. This comes in handy as gas prices increase, and free delivery is no longer cost effective.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

Thomas,

Great job on the site. I especially like the custom nut builder preview.

Skippy

Magento Community
Magento Community

Motionbuzz

Total Posts:  4

Thanks Skippy. I appreciate your feedback.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adam

Total Posts:  3
Hamilton - Bermuda

Custom nut mix is very cool sir.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Glitchy

Total Posts:  17

Great site.  The Custom Mix portion is impressive.

My only suggestion is regarding the design.  I think using the colours of the nuts themselves as your pallette takes away from the pics of the nuts.  If I were the one designing the site, I would use much less saturated backgrounds and use a single color from the “nuts” pallette that isn’t too prevalent in the pics (maybe the dark red of the cranberries) for accents.

You have some really interesting product pics and media.  Let them be the visual selling force that they were meant to be.  smile

I hope I didn’t offend anyone.  I like the site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BassFace

Total Posts:  5

Motionbuzz - 24 October 2008 10:01 AM

This is the first time we used Magento. We normally use our own home-grown shopping cart system, but NuttyIdea.net needed a way to allow customers to create custom nut mixes, and Magento’s bundled products option fit the bill right out of the box. We used a slightly modified version of the default template for the main site, but we coded a unique package for the custom mix section so the customer can see a thumbnail of each ingredient as it is added to the mix.

NuttyIdea.net also offers free local delivery, and Magento’s built in Free Shipping option was a bit too global. So we created a custom Magento shipping module to offer Free Delivery as an option during checkout only if the customer’s zip code is near Nutty Idea’s headquarters. The applicable zip codes are managed via the Store Admin. We also created a Low Cost Local Delivery shipping module that works the same way with the zip codes, but it allows the store owner to set a low delivery fee instead of free. This comes in handy as gas prices increase, and free delivery is no longer cost effective.

Would you be able to share the Delivery modules with the community? I need a Delivery module and have no idea how to build one.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community