Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

General database query question

kullysupply

Total Posts:  48

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable when it comes to the PHP language, but querying a database is still something I struggle with. It’s not that I don’t know how it’s done, it’s just that I’d like to know how to do it in the most efficient way possible.

I’ve been digging around the Magento core code files looking for sql queries along the lines of “SELECT * FROM eav_attributes WHERE...” but don’t see anything like that. I’m not familiar with Zend, so maybe that’s what is throwing me off.

I’m not looking to create any custom queries for my Magento installations (yet). I’m just a curious, self-taught programmer and figured I’d take advantage of this forum and pick the brains of some rock star programmers. Thanks!

-Greg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community