Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Generate test orders

Bas van Rijn

Total Posts:  21

Hi There,
Is it possible to generate a bunch of testorders? Doing it manually is a lot of labour, and I would like to test the Magento back-end with a couple of team-members before we pull the switch to turn the shop we\’ve been developing live.

I know for instance drupal has great support for generating content, so hopefully Magento does also. If not: is there another way to rappidly create test-orders?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Bas

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bobbrodie

Total Posts:  132
Philadelphia, PA

Bas,

Check out a Firefox add-on called Selenium. You can record your test orders and play them back. I’ve done this a couple times with Magento and it works really well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bas van Rijn

Thanks! I’ll try that!

Too bad however that there is no programmable way, so you can vary payment methods, shipping methods, etc… But this is good enough!

Bas

Magento Community
Magento Community

bobbrodie

Total Posts:  132
Philadelphia, PA

You could definitely do it with the API or object models, Selenium would be a “real world” test so if there are any issues with the browser going from step to step you’d know about it. Let me know if you need any help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bas van Rijn

Could you point me to a scriptable solution? The other option really doesn’t work, because 1) the same order is created every time and 2) it has problems with the single page checkout…

thanks
Bas

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community