Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.4.1.1 Where does the local locale folder go now? 

_bullseye_

Total Posts:  21

since the locale folders are now directly in app, none of the advice i’ve seen here works for me.

I’ve used Inline Translations for everything, but that won’t let me change the alert: “% has been added to your shopping cart”

If i change it in /app/locale/en_US/Mage_Checkout.csv , it will work.  But i want to use a local file for this, not change the base code.

Where can i put it?  I’ve tried:

/app/locale/local/en_US/Mage_Checkout.csv
/app/local/locale/en_US/Mage_Checkout.csv
/app/locale/en_US/local/Mage_Checkout.csv

and i tried to put it in my theme, but nothing will work.  Only by editing the original Mage_Checkout.csv file works.

help?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

furnitureforyoultd
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  833

The file you need to edit is relevant to the locale you’re using. If you’re using English United States then you must edit en_US. If you really want a separate directory you can change to a different English locale and copy the new csv file into there. switch to English United Kingdom and copy the file to en_GB and refresh the cache

AFAIK using local folder only works with php files inside app/code

Magento Community
Magento Community

_bullseye_

Thanks, fufoyou.

I really just wanted to do this in a way that would not get overwritten on upgrade.  I thought that’s what translate.csv files were for, but so far, the only way i can get this to work is by editing the original /app/locale/en_US/Mage_Checkout.csv file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zebulo

You should try with translate.csv in app/design/frontend/your_package/your_theme/locale/.
Select the locale you are working on.
Add this row, at the bottom of translate.csv

"% has been added to your shopping cart","% your translation"

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community