Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I find someone to move my Magento installation between hosts? 

matija

Total Posts:  9

I set up a Magento site for a client several years ago, and haven’t touched it since. They are switching their hosting, and I don’t have time to move the site for them as I now have several other projects in progress. I noticed that to post a job here costs $75 dollars, which is pretty steep since it would be for a relatively small job. What’s the best way to find someone to help me do this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

Here’s a pretty simple HowTo you can follow to migrate Magento from one server to another - shouldn’t take you long at all.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/moving_magento_to_another_server

Alternatively, some hosting companies will migrate a Magento shop for you so you might want to check with the new hosting company and see if that is an option.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community