Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Aust Post eParcel

michamum

Total Posts:  124

Hi

I’m setting up my Magento store, and I will be using Australia Post’s eParcel system for delivery.

I don’t need the rates as I’d like to offer flat rate, ie flat rate eParcel $7.50 and flat rate eParcel Express $11.00

What would be the best way to handle this?  Using the flat rate shipping option, because I don’t think I can set up a flat rate in Magento eParcel configuration?

Also the Magento flat rate shipping only offers 1 option and I would like to set up both options?

Another thing.... I haven’t started using eParcel yet, but I have my labels, am I able to print the eParcel labels direct from Magento with the customer details on?  Even with using the flat rate options specified above?

Thanks for any info you can give!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

1. You can use an extension like Matrixrates (free at www.webshopapps.com or via Magento Connect) which will enable you to set up those two options very easily. So even though you will be using eParcel, you won’t need to use the eParcel shipping module.
You could set up the eParcel module to work in a similar fashion, but it’s simply not necessary.

2. You can only use the eParcel system (ie: logging into the eParcel system via your browser) to print the labels, and that doesn’t connect with Magento in any way (at the moment). Using that software also generates the manifests for AP, so you really don’t have any options.

Hope that helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

michamum

Total Posts:  124

Thanks Neil, that’s a great help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Directshop

Total Posts:  28
Melbourne, Australia

If you want to print eParcel labels, or integrate Magento with eParcel, then maybe check out www.readytoship.com.au.

We built in the Magento / eParcel integration as we were Magento Partners, and also used eParcel. So we needed to automate.

Readytoship automatically pulls orders from Magento, consolidates them into eParcel for you, and updates tracking number and order status back to Magento via API. There is a free 30 day trial.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rob Staff

Total Posts:  14

Had a look at the readytoship.com.au site and that looks like a great service.

I am looking for a way to feed our order details to our eParcel account, straight from magento to eParcel portal as we dont need any other functions it would overkill for us to pay a monthly subscription plus extra per 100 shipments.

I\’ve looked all over and still doesn\’t apear to be an extension that will talk to eParcel.

Is anyone manually exporting from magento and importing into eParcel? Any tips on doing this?

With AusPost pushing eParcel so hard wouldn’t it be great if they supported some integration with their system and major shopping cart software.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

This might suit you. It’s still in beta, but would appear to be heading down the right track:
http://www.twenty4.com.au/news/australia-post-e-parcel-plugin-for-magento/

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

tonylee5566

Total Posts:  6

thanks the information !!!!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community