Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Delete prices on homepage, but keep in product pages? 

couch

Total Posts:  13

Hey guys,

I have it set to show all my products on the home page, but I do not want prices showing there. I still want the prices to show up on each individual product page, but not on the home page. Unless I’m mistaken, I’ll have to edit one of the files as I don’t see anywhere in configuration to set it up…

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

blueflame

Total Posts:  21

You will need to make a new template file to be referenced in the block you have on the homepage. Copy this file “app/design/frontend/default/TEMPLATE_NAME/template/catalog/product/list.phtml” to a new file in the same directory called “featured.phtml”.

Then to pull out the price from showing...under the “Grid” section, delete:

<?php echo $this->getPriceHtml($_product, true) ?>

and whatever other information (reviews, ratings, etc) you do not want to show on the homepage.

Then, the block reference on your homepage should look like this:

{{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="4" template="catalog/product/featured.phtml"}}

(Don’t forget to change the category ID to whatever category of products you want to show up smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

blueflame

Total Posts:  21

double post

Magento Community
Magento Community

couch

Total Posts:  13

Damian - Thank you so much! I REALLY appreciate your help!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community