Hey everyone—we have an issue with our site and I’m just dropping this post here with the hopes that maybe someone else has had this issue or someone will have an idea or input for us.
Our layered navigation is not working on our live site. This is a critical issue for us because some of our categories, for example, chandeliers have over 4000 products in them, the website is almost totally useless without layered navigation. Customers have no way to navigate the products.
Here is what happened:
1) All of a sudden today layered navigation disappeared from our store
2) We attempted to refresh the layered navigation in system / cache management
3) We got an error about the Maximum execution time for php
4) We found out that the Maximum execution time for php was set to 30 seconds and this seemed to be causing the problem, so now we have it set to 1 hour.
5) Now when we try to refresh the layered navigation in system / cache management it acts as if it refreshes properly, but it only refreshes the layered navigation for about 1/4 of our products
Does anyone have any ideas for us on what in the world could be causing this? I have started a support ticket with Varien but have not heard back from them. My webhost has worked on this a lot today and been most helpful but also can’t figure out the issue.