New Updates: Extension Status - 3/09/11
I’ve outgrown this thread and cannot post much more text on it, so please read down for update on incomplete extensions. (last post in this thread)
New Updates: Extension Status - 3/07/11
At this time you cannot use the word “Enterprise” in your extension name. We are currently working on a solution for all developers to have the ability to contribute to enterprise extensions, but that is not in place yet, so please don’t advertise it in your extension title. You cannot use “Enterprise” “Enterprise Extension” “EE” etc. The most you can do at this point, is write into the description that you have tested your product against (the versions you have tested against). If you put Enterprise Extension in the title of your extension, I cannot approve them moving forward. .
New Updates: Extension Status - 1/06/11
Guideline for PAID - External extensions.
We cannot approve your paid/external extension if it doesn’t link directly to the extension/product itself. A landing page for an paid extension should be a web page off of your own website which explains the product in detail and has options to purchase, download and contact. To be clear, this page MUST have information about the extension from the landing page. Your company homepage cannot be a landing page.
Use of Magento Logo in your Extension Images
Another update up on this issue as it is not 100% resolved.
As I mentioned in a previous update, you are able to use a small Magento Logo on your extensions but it must be absolutely clear that the extension was not developed by Magento. Since I posted that message, I’ve been trying to approve extensions but the sizes and shapes and locations of images are coming in at all different waves and we finally decided we need to have a standard. I’m working closely with the team in order to have those specs available for you soon. In the meantime, please make sure the Magento Image doesn’t overpower your own extension or company logo and that it is very clear that the extension is NOT developed by Magento or I cannot approve it.
<b> Other Guidelines Reminders</b>
Please do not:
Use the word Magento in your extension title or domain name
When creating your extension profile, you must upload at least one image representing your extension or company.
To view the legacy of this post please read from down upward
New Updates: Extension Status - 12/21/10
You CAN use a SMALL Magento Logo on your extension image. Please be sure to include that that the extension is created by (developer) for (Magento) (small logo)
A small logo is OK. It cannot take up the entire image. Thanks!
You know where to reach me if you have questions
New Updates: Extension Status - 12/07
Quick update for extensions that are not approved - Please do not us the Magento logo on your extension images.
New Updates: Extension Status - 11/17
I’m starting to use the “Not Approved” status option in order to trigger you that your extension needs attention. Currently we do not have a notification system to easily allow me to let you know that there’s a problem with your extension. If you notice, that one of your pending statuses has been changed to Not Approved - the FOUR most common reasons detailed below are: 1. Lack of Images 2. Magento in your domain name or 3. Magento in your user name. 4. Magento logo on your extension image(s).
* If your extension does not fit into one of these categories and is listed as NOT APPROVED- please private message me directly so we can discuss it further.
* If you happen to make changes to your extension, and you need me to re-review it, please message me directly.
* Reminder: It can take up to 3 business days to approve extensions. I usually go through them AT LEAST once a day, but approval may take longer when weekends or holidays are involved. You can now keep tabs on your extension - by noticing if your extension status has been changed to “Not Approved” and can quickly make the changes so we can re-review.
We are working on new features/functionality for Connect—so stay tuned. In the meantime, this should hopefully help in making our approval process run a little smoother.
I’ve been busy approving extensions but we have a few guidelines (Moving Forward) I need you to be aware of:
1. We’re asking that you at least upload ONE photo for your extension profile.
2. We can no longer approve external/paid extensions that have Magento in the domain name. This doesn’t mean the SUB DOMAIN. You are welcome to have magento.mydomain.com or even mydomain.com/magento extensions but due to these new guidelines - we can not approve these moving forward. I do realize that many of these have been grandfathered in, so to speak. We cannot approve them moving forward.
3. If you have an extension, and the word Magento is in your user name, we can no longer approve these either. You must change your username to something that does not carry the Magento name.
4. If you use the Magento Logo in your extension images, it will not be approved.
I want to thank you, in advance, for complying to these small guidelines. We’re working on new guidelines in the future so you should be aware of these now.
If you’re having problems getting your extensions approved and need further clarification, please contact me directly through a PM.
We’re not taking down old extensions for these new guidelines—but you’ll need to change things moving forward.
Additionally: Please allow up to three business days for approval of your extension.