Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Extension Guidelines - Extension Status -update 03/09/11

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

New Updates: Extension Status - 3/09/11
I’ve outgrown this thread and cannot post much more text on it, so please read down for update on incomplete extensions. (last post in this thread)

New Updates: Extension Status - 3/07/11

Enterprise Extensions.
At this time you cannot use the word “Enterprise” in your extension name. We are currently working on a solution for all developers to have the ability to contribute to enterprise extensions, but that is not in place yet, so please don’t advertise it in your extension title.  You cannot use “Enterprise” “Enterprise Extension” “EE” etc.  The most you can do at this point, is write into the description that you have tested your product against (the versions you have tested against).  If you put Enterprise Extension in the title of your extension, I cannot approve them moving forward. .

~_~_~_

New Updates: Extension Status - 1/06/11

Guideline for PAID - External extensions.

We cannot approve your paid/external extension if it doesn’t link directly to the extension/product itself.  A landing page for an paid extension should be a web page off of your own website which explains the product in detail and has options to purchase, download and contact. To be clear, this page MUST have information about the extension from the landing page.  Your company homepage cannot be a landing page.

Use of Magento Logo in your Extension Images

Another update up on this issue as it is not 100% resolved.

As I mentioned in a previous update, you are able to use a small Magento Logo on your extensions but it must be absolutely clear that the extension was not developed by Magento. Since I posted that message, I’ve been trying to approve extensions but the sizes and shapes and locations of images are coming in at all different waves and we finally decided we need to have a standard. I’m working closely with the team in order to have those specs available for you soon. In the meantime, please make sure the Magento Image doesn’t overpower your own extension or company logo and that it is very clear that the extension is NOT developed by Magento or I cannot approve it.

<b> Other Guidelines Reminders</b>

Please do not:
Use the word Magento in your extension title or domain name

Please do:
When creating your extension profile, you must upload at least one image representing your extension or company.

To view the legacy of this post please read from down upward wink

Rhonda
New Updates: Extension Status - 12/21/10

You CAN use a SMALL Magento Logo on your extension image. Please be sure to include that that the extension is created by (developer) for (Magento) (small logo)

A small logo is OK. It cannot take up the entire image. Thanks!

You know where to reach me if you have questions smile
~~~~~~

New Updates: Extension Status - 12/07

Quick update for extensions that are not approved - Please do not us the Magento logo on your extension images.

~~~~~
New Updates: Extension Status - 11/17

I’m starting to use the “Not Approved” status option in order to trigger you that your extension needs attention. Currently we do not have a notification system to easily allow me to let you know that there’s a problem with your extension.  If you notice, that one of your pending statuses has been changed to Not Approved - the FOUR most common reasons detailed below are: 1. Lack of Images 2. Magento in your domain name or 3. Magento in your user name. 4. Magento logo on your extension image(s).

* If your extension does not fit into one of these categories and is listed as NOT APPROVED- please private message me directly so we can discuss it further.

* If you happen to make changes to your extension, and you need me to re-review it, please message me directly.

* Reminder: It can take up to 3 business days to approve extensions. I usually go through them AT LEAST once a day, but approval may take longer when weekends or holidays are involved. You can now keep tabs on your extension - by noticing if your extension status has been changed to “Not Approved” and can quickly make the changes so we can re-review.

We are working on new features/functionality for Connect—so stay tuned. In the meantime, this should hopefully help in making our approval process run a little smoother.

Rhonda

----------------------------------------------------------------
I’ve been busy approving extensions but we have a few guidelines (Moving Forward) I need you to be aware of:

1. We’re asking that you at least upload ONE photo for your extension profile.

2. We can no longer approve external/paid extensions that have Magento in the domain name. This doesn’t mean the SUB DOMAIN. You are welcome to have magento.mydomain.com or even mydomain.com/magento extensions but due to these new guidelines - we can not approve these moving forward. I do realize that many of these have been grandfathered in, so to speak. We cannot approve them moving forward.

3. If you have an extension, and the word Magento is in your user name, we can no longer approve these either. You must change your username to something that does not carry the Magento name.

4. If you use the Magento Logo in your extension images, it will not be approved.

I want to thank you, in advance, for complying to these small guidelines. We’re working on new guidelines in the future so you should be aware of these now.

If you’re having problems getting your extensions approved and need further clarification, please contact me directly through a PM.

We’re not taking down old extensions for these new guidelines—but you’ll need to change things moving forward.

Additionally: Please allow up to three business days for approval of your extension.

Rhonda

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

miliscent

Total Posts:  45
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Is it possible to leave us developers a PM why the extension wasn’t approved?  Right now you’re just setting it “Not Approved” with no reason.  That just leaves us guessing as to why…

Also - are we going to have to go through the review process every time we upload a new version or make an edit?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

Well, that’s why I created this post and asked folks to contact me directly.  wink

As I mentioned, there is no notification system in place right now. In the past developers have sat for months on the pending status, not knowing why it was still pending. This triggers you that there is a problem with your extension and it’s one of the 4 things listed: Domain, Name, lack of image, or image with magento logo.

If it is none of these things, then then it’s probably because of the uploading extensions issue - that there was something that happened that made it “incomplete”.

I do try to notify people when I can, but some days it’s just not feasible to email everyone.

I always respond to every PM though so if you PM me, you’re not going to have to wait days for an answer.

Rhonda

Magento Community
Magento Community

miked2004

Total Posts:  214
Atlanta, Georgia

Hey Rondata,

I submitted and extension earlier this week and it is still in pending status(Sharpdot_SharpPaymentsByCustomerGroup ).  I also PM’d you but have not gotten a reply yet. Can you please check on this extension.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

I didn’t get a PM from you! Or if it is, it is recent because I haven’t gotten to PMs in a few hours. I’ll check it out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

Your live, just so you know—it can take up to 3 days.  smile Longer if a weekend or a holiday is involved. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

alain57

Total Posts:  18

is it possible to add folowing features

A: remove the paid status ... i check it and i can’t go back
B: offer the possibility to REMOVE an extension… If i decide that the extension need to be removed (a huge bug for example) there is no way for me to proceed (or is this possible after the pending status ??? )

i did a try to see how it works, but i did not took the time to first check the forum (and i don’t saw that kind of warning) now i did something wrong and i don’t know how to come back :(
no possibility to delete it
no possibility to remove the paid status

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

Sorry for the delayed response. You mean the “convert to paid” checkbox? 

After your extension goes live, then you can take it off line or delete it yourself.

Re: the paid checkbox, if that is what you’re talking about let me do some tests, but if that’s what’s causing the disconnect with some extensions (which error in delevel stability) then yeah, let’s get rid of it.

Rhonda

alain57 - 14 February 2011 05:14 AM

is it possible to add folowing features

A: remove the paid status ... i check it and i can’t go back
B: offer the possibility to REMOVE an extension… If i decide that the extension need to be removed (a huge bug for example) there is no way for me to proceed (or is this possible after the pending status ??? )

i did a try to see how it works, but i did not took the time to first check the forum (and i don’t saw that kind of warning) now i did something wrong and i don’t know how to come back :(
no possibility to delete it
no possibility to remove the paid status

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

Ah, I see the behavior you are speaking about. I’ve put a ticket in to request that it is changed, so that the box doesn’t vanish. A better behavior would be a confirmation “Are you sure you want to convert to paid” or leave it as a clear check-box that doesn’t convert the extension until you click save. The good news is, so long as you don’t save you CAN go back—but most people are making other changes when they do save, and don’t realize that once you convert an extension, you cannot go back. Let me explain why:

1. Every extension (weather paid or free) contains am extension profile. This includes things like extension name, description, developer profile information.  This is basic information included in both profiles but there are some other very significant differences.

2. Community (free) extensions are hosted on our site. You upload them directly through our marketplace

3. Paid extensions are hosted on your own site. All we have here is a profile for your extension. There’s a landing page link in the PAID extension (would be better to call it an external extension) and that goes to the landing page of the product on the developers site. 

Once you convert an extension -> it is a whole new system. It has different fields and external (paid) extensions are not directly connected to the physical product as they are for free extensions. 

The good news is, when we rebuild the new connect—there won’t be these types of limitations. You will be able to go back and forth.

Rhonda

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

rickymartin213 - 24 February 2011 01:28 PM

I submitted and addition earlier this hebdomad and it is relieve in pending status(Sharpdot_SharpPaymentsByCustomerGroup ).  I also PM\’d you but possess not gotten a state yet. Can you please crack on this dissemination.

Edit: that extension is live.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

Good news for “Incomplete extension” status.  You can now upload a new version to an incomplete status to make it complete. You just need to make sure it’s packaged correctly under a new version number. Give it a try and let me know how it works. I’ll be re-writing this entire guideline thread to make instructions more clear.  smile

Happy Uploading!

Rhonda

Magento Community
Magento Community

MANAdev

Worldwide

Hello,
What does status “Submitted” means, should we wait or some changes needed? We have this status already about 10 days.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

MANAdev - 25 October 2011 02:42 AM

Hello,
What does status “Submitted” means, should we wait or some changes needed? We have this status already about 10 days.

Hi there,

This is a change in our previous process. In the past there was no way to tell which extensions were ready for review. We had one status which was “pending” so often when I would approve, I couldn’t tell if the developer was done and ready for me to look at the extension.

Now with submitted status, once you are ready for review—you click “Submit for Approval” which lets us know that you’re in fact ready for review.

I hope this helps. smile

Rhonda

Magento Community
Magento Community

MANAdev

Worldwide

Yes, it helps a lot, thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

epoq

Total Posts:  1

Hi Rhonda,

we tried to create an extension where the extension Key has been deleted a few days ago.
We get this error message:

“An error occurred on the saving extension. Extension with the same extension key already exists on the channel!”

How do we need to process to create this extension?

Thanks for help

Danica

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rave Infosys

Total Posts:  1
3333 W Commercial Blvd STE 202, Fort Lauderdale, F

Hi Rhonda,
We submitted an extension, but it was “Not Approved”.
We would like to know the reason, for the acceptance being denied, as we can improve on the flaws before re-submitting.
I looked for an option to PM you, but was unable to find any around.

Thanks & Regards,
Rave Infosys

Edit: we have sent you several PM, but haven’t heard back from you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community