Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Serious Problem with PayPal Express and Free shipping Cart Price Rule

marco.roello@gmail.com

Total Posts:  2

HI

my Magento version is 1.4.1.1.

I have a serious problem with PayPal Express Checkout.
I’ve a Cart Price Rule that gives Free Shipping to Orders with total equal or greather than 150€.
The Rule works perfectly when performing a full checkout process with Check Money / Order payment method.

With PayPal Express the problem is that the customer is redirected to the PayPal website , inputs the credit card informations, and when is redirected back to the store he can review the order, but he will be asket to input the shipping method, instead of having the free shipping rule applied (the combobox lists the shipping methods available, but no free shipping present).

Tested with PayPal sandbox mode and have the same behaviour.

Anyone have solved this issue?

Thanks in advance
Marco Roello

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RevolutionPoet

Total Posts:  9

Yea, I am experiencing the same issue.

I noticed that when on the shopping cart page, the shipping is calculated correctly, so I tried to use that class to create the rates list on the Paypal review page. It didn’t work. They both ultimately use the same class to get the shipping rate.

However, I noticed:

IF YOU SWITCH from the Free method in the dropdown to another, then back, the updated ajax response shows the right rate in the grid.

IF YOU OPEN another browser tab or window and load the cart page into it, then refresh the original review page, it operates correctly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RevolutionPoet

You can use this URL to monitor the Ajax response for the Paypal review page:

http://url.com/paypal/express/saveShippingMethod?isAjax=true&shipping;_method=ups_GND

NOTE: I didnt realize how much this forum software sucks, but the text shipping_method in the url keeps getting a ; (semi-colon) injected into it. Just remove it when copy/pasting.

As you are checking out by Paypal, you can refresh that page periodically. You will see the right charges ( free shipping ). Even when you leave your site and enter Paypal’s the prices are still accurate. At the step where you are returned back from Paypal, if you refresh this page, you will see the shipping price change and become inaccurate.

At this point, if you open another browser window/tab and load the cart, then refresh this page, it will show the right ( free shipping ) prices.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RevolutionPoet

I found the solution after a looooooooooooooooong period of testing.

In this Class:

Mage_Paypal_Model_Express_Checkout

Starting at line 325

public function returnFromPaypal($token)
{

// ...... blah blah blah code blah //

// Add this at the very end right before the last line:

$this->_quote->getShippingAddress()->setCollectShippingRates(true);

$this->_quote->collectTotals()->save();
}

You’re welcome.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sandboxthreads

Total Posts:  12

Legend - 19 November 2010 11:55 PM

I

You’re welcome.

I know you’ve already said you’re welcome, but THANK YOU!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community