Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
IE9 one payment method - fields disabled - shoppers can’t checkout :(

Jase Clamp

Total Posts:  19

I’m using 1.3.2.1
In IE9 only, if you only have one payment method enabled (such as credit card) you simply can’t checkout.
It disables the credit card fields in the payment step of the checkout.
Here’s a screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/zDM4zhowUV4l
It’s not CSS or “disabled” tags on the fields, its in the JavaScript.
And again, its only IE9.

We’re scheduling an upgrade to 1.4.x (latest) but we have a big store with customizations and have been putting it off. Now we’re more prompted to do it because IE9 complaints are increasing.

My question is, is this not a problem in new Magento releases? I tried looking at the demo but of course, multiple payment methods are enabled so I can’t see.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

IE9 still in Beta you do know that right?

It maybe Magento issue but it can be IE9 issue as well, or prototype script . I wouldn’t entertain any problem send by clients/customers related to IE9 or any browser that is still in Beta, though I maybe testing it or trying to figure out what has gone wrong. Pretty sure all developers have similar approach including Magento team.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jase Clamp

Yea, I completely understand that. Its just that we do over $2M per year. With that volume we are getting a significant number of inquiries.
We’ve been telling them it’s beta but it doesn’t make sense to just ignore and loose business. I’ve been monitoring Google for any solutions and am really surprised not to see anyone else having a problem. Our programming team is slammed right now but we’ll have to do something.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Well, one thing you can try: Does it work in Compatible Mode?

If yes you can take a screen shot with simple instructions to have IE9 Beta user change to Compatible Mode.  Screen shot will be helpful because there maybe users who are not aware of this feature in IE, or worse, the customers who reported the error to you might have accidentally clicked the Compatible Mode icon without realizing it, thus resulting the javascript error in the payment step.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ronbRGS

Total Posts:  3

chinesedream - 20 December 2010 11:28 AM

Well, one thing you can try: Does it work in Compatible Mode?

If yes you can take a screen shot with simple instructions to have IE9 Beta user change to Compatible Mode.  Screen shot will be helpful because there maybe users who are not aware of this feature in IE, or worse, the customers who reported the error to you might have accidentally clicked the Compatible Mode icon without realizing it, thus resulting the javascript error in the payment step.

I just had a member using IE 9 Beta run into grayed out Payment fields on the onepage checkout. Once he switched to Compatibility Mode, the order went through fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jetul

Total Posts:  5

Did anyone solve this? I’m on 1.3.0 and have the same problem.

If I look at the input fields in the debugger in IE9 they have disabled="” on them. This is added by IE9 somehow. If I look at the same field in chrome or any other browser the disabled-text is not present and it’s not in my code.

E.g

Chrome

<input type="text" id="invoicereference" name="payment[invoicereference]" title="Your reference” value="” class="input-text">

IE9

<input name="payment[invoicereference]" title="Your reference” disabled="” class="input-text" id="invoicereference" type="text" value="">

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jase Clamp

We found a workaround for this issue.

By the way, it\\\’s not acceptable to tell your visitors \\\"If you want to check out, please put your browser in compatibility mode\\\”

You can however put a meta tag in the site header that tells IE9 to go into IE8 mode.

Here\\\’ it is: <meta http-equiv=\\\"X-UA-Compatible\\\" content=\\\"IE=8\\\" />

Add this to app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/template/page/html/head.phtml

This is definitely a bug and can be replicated on any Magento including the latest 1.5 release. To replicate do this:

1. Install and setup fresh Magento 1.5
2. Configure Credit Card as the only payment option
3. Try to checkout in IE9. The credit card fields are inoperable.

Other fixes we tried were system/config/advanced/developer/Prototype Deprecation Log = yes.

The problem is definitely in JavaScript.  What Magento does is if there is only one payment method, it hides the radio button and sets it to active via JS. I think IE9 either doesn\\\’t understand the concept of one radio button or it doesn\\\’t trigger the other JS function that activates the payment form when the radio is activated via JS.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jase Clamp

by the way, remove all those slashes above, the forum put those in

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Can you guys who are experiencing this take a screenshot and post it here? I don’t see the problem in IE9 at all when there is only one payment method.

p/s. force IE9 to render in Compatible Mode is very bad practice. It’s best not to do this at all, instead, fix the code, fix the CSS.

Magento Community
Magento Community

markf

Total Posts:  145

I just checked and I am having the same issue with IE 9 and not being able to enter a credit card.  My looked exactly the same as the screenshot posted earlier.  All the fields are grayed out and you cannot enter anything.  I was not using compatibility mode.  My magento version is 1.5.0.1.  I have two checkout options for my customers, credit card and PO #.  Its also strange that one time I tested it, everything worked fine, but the second time it did not.  Both times I was a logged in customer....

If anyone finds anything out about this bug, please post here.  Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

markf

Total Posts:  145

Similar to what another user posted, this seems to help:

http://alanstorm.com/ie9_fix_for_magento

Hopefully a real fix will come from magento eventually.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TryTryTry

Total Posts:  35

Screenshot1

Image Attachments
screen.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

TryTryTry

Total Posts:  35

I am having this same issue in IE9 (screen shot above).  Also the zoom slider for product images does not work.

Compatability mode, if toggled on, corrected this problem, but of course that is not an answer.  Google analytics shows 5% of our site users are already on IE9.  I used Alan’s patch (thank you!!!), but we really do need a fix.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

rdhotartist

Total Posts:  1

Our customers are experiencing the same problem. Very frustrating!  Has anyone found a better fix for this?  I hate to put the conditional hack in...hopefully this is resolved soon!

Magento Community
Magento Community

JonB_78

Total Posts:  7

Has anyone got a fix that doesn’t involve the meta tag?  This doesn’t work for me even though I have tried for quite a while to get it sorted out.

I don’t want to upgrade because everything breaks when you upgrade.

Bearing in mind this is stopping anyone checking out from my client’s online store on IE9 - why isn’t Varien piroritising this problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

See this thread.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/229205/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community