Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Category gone? 

johanroel

Total Posts:  33

I\’m allmost done with adding my final category in the magento backoffice when it suddenly disappears. At first I thaught it was deleted but it isn\’t…
The weird thing is that the category isn\’t viewable in the backoffice but it is when you go to the url… Is anybody familiar with this problem?

http://magento.johanroel.nl/index.php/stofzuiger

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

What version? Yes, it’s happened before. Make two complete database backups, one preferably a database dump from the command line if you have ssh access.

Check to see it’s not something like this happening

Use phpMyAdmin to look for corrupted paths in your category table listed in the above link. You may have had a bad save on the row for that particular category.

Magento Community
Magento Community

johanroel

Total Posts:  33

Thanks, it worked.

My category path was something like 1/3/15/15/34. When I deleted /15 it reappeared in my backoffice.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community