Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Imported Products not Filterable? 

Sweet Tooth

Total Posts:  121
Canada

After I imported a list of products, the products that were imported cannot be filtered until I edit the product from the admin panel and hit SAVE without changing anything. After that, it filters fine.

I recall this issue happened to me once when I imported and specified the “weight” attribute incorrectly.  This time, I checked all the mandatory values and they all seem valid.

I also exported to XML after my import and all the products that are filterable are no different than the products that aren’t filterable.

To see this issue: Check out the web store in my signature and go to the Lexmark category.  Then apply the “Original (OEM)” filter.  You’ll notice that even though most of the products in the lexmark category actually have the “Original (OEM)” attribute, they don’t show up after the filter is applied.

Does anyone have any ideas of why this may be happening, how I could fix the problem, or what precautions I could take to ensure that it doesn’t happen for future imports?

Thanks!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sweet Tooth

Total Posts:  121
Canada

Okay I think there was some corruption with one of my attributes.  I tried all sorts of things, but in the end I just deleted the attribute and everything worked out fine.

I created a “mass-action” command to refresh items by simply loading them from the database, then saving them without doing any modifications.  This ensures data consistency and helps reduce point-of-sale issues, essentially pseudo-testing each item.  Maybe I’ll add this to my enhanced grid upcoming extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dkoo761

Total Posts:  8

Hey Nel, I’ve been having the exact same problem as you after product imports.

I just posted some of the details that I found here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/21816

I would be interested in your “mass-action” solution smile

Cheers,
Dave

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikep

Total Posts:  22

@nel

Will this work with 1.2.0.1 ?

Thanks,

Mike