Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Switching Over to Magento. Can Magento to… (I have a Few Questions - Please Read)

FlawlessCo

Total Posts:  8

Hi Everyone,

I have been osCommerce for my small business website for the past 3 months, and wow it sucks, I hate it I am ready to switch today I just had a few questions before I purchase the template and get to switching.

Now I know this is a longshot, but is it even remotely possible to move all of my customers over to Magento from my osCommerce system, I don’t expect this to be possible but you never know.

Next, Is it built into Magento for me to be able to use authorize.net like osCommerce. All i had to do was enter the Login ID, API Key, and MD5 Hash in the admin panel and it was ready.

Then, I’d like to be able to give my customers Coupon Codes for Black Friday, Christmas, etc.. I see it’s available in Professional, but are there any Add-Ons for this on the Community version, if so how difficult is it to install.

Next, I’d like to be able to give certain customers Credit, I see that’s possible on Enterprise Edition, but $13K+/Yr. is not very logical for a business my size at all. So is there an Add-On for this for the Community version, and if so how difficult is it to install.

I look forward to switching over and I can’t wait to have my new site done, Magento looks amazing and I wish I used it from the beginning, but anyways thanks in advance for the answers and the help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brunomarshall
Guru

Total Posts:  367

Hi,
Magento has great features in e commerce platform magento can handle multisite more than 250 sites in a single admin panel this is which makes magento as top cms including its security features so i like magento enjoy features od magento:)

Magento Community
Magento Community

nailgrl

Total Posts:  35

Ive got Magento installed and I know you can pay cart 2 cart to move over oscommerce.... but isn’t there another way to migrate the data over that doesn’t cost anything?  Will be watching this page like a hawk!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community