Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

extra discount when ordering X amount of product with option

Bas van Ginkel

Total Posts:  3

Hi There,

The site i’m going to setup has a few thousand products, and all products have the option to order a used/repaired version of the product.

When a person orders a used/repaired version they get a 25% discount on the normal price.

The shop owner want to give 5% extra discount to people who order more then 10 user/repaired versions of a product. And 10% extra discount to people who order more then 25 items.

Custom option gives me the ability to give the 25% discount.
Tiered pricing gives me the option to give discount based on number of items ordered.

But how do i teach Magento to give the right amount of discount when someone orders X number of items with the custom option?

TO ILLUSTRATE THE END RESULT WANTED
normal price $ 100

Ordering a new version of the product
Quantity 1 = $100
Quantity 25 = $2500
Quantity 50 = $5000

Ordering a used/repaired version of the product
Quantity 1 = $75 (normal price - 25%)
Quantity 25 = $1750 (normal price - (25% + 5%))
Quantity 50 = $3250 (normal price - (25% + 10%))

Greetz,
Bas van Ginkel
the Netherlands

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community