Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

problem with uploading pictures

Bogdan

Total Posts:  42

so , i`ve read the whole forum and saw that there are some people having a problem alike(the topic is 2 months old ..).

when i try to add a product , when i assign a photo to the product (small image) i get the following error :
Unable to create directory ‘/home/utilaje/public_html/emag/media/catalog/product/’.

that folder is set to 777 and also his subdirectory . i don`t know what is wrong with it

Looking forward to hearing from you. cool smirk

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

This might be a problem with default umask value.

Since 0.6.14100 there’s umask(0) in index.php, so if you do not have it, try adding it anywhere before Mage::run(’base’);

<?php
//...
require_once 'app/Mage.php';
// add this
umask(0);

// before:
Mage::run('base');
Also, make sure again that all folders under /media/ are 777 recursively.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bogdan

it’s already there .. hmm .question : how to make chmod 777 recursively through ftp?
i do not have access to ssh /telnet

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bogdan

ok .. it works . i had to remove the whole product directory and set back again the privileges .
thanks
ok..btw . . for recursive privileges i recommend FireFTP . It`s a extension for Firefox

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community