Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Cron Job - Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception - pdo_mysql

emmenko

Total Posts:  96

Hi everybody,

it seems incredible that every steps has some really annoying and frustrating issues.
After finally have imported correctly Configurable+Simple Products, I started to try to configure a cron job.

Well, at first, I went to the terminal and run cron_import_products.php (to see if it worked)...I got that error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception’ with message ‘pdo_mysql extension is not installed’ in /Users/path/to/magento/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php:240

Ok, I thought it was a simple issue…
Ah, I work on a Mac with the server MAMP in localhost.

So, I did some research and I checked first the file php.ini in /Applications/MAMP/conf/php5.3/

Extensions

;extension=apc.so

extension
=imap.so
extension
=yaz.so
extension
=mcrypt.so
extension
=gettext.so
extension
=pgsql.so
extension
=pdo_pgsql.so
extension
=pdo_mysql.so

It seems that everything is ok...as you can see the “pdo_mysql.so” in enabled.

Then, i went to the phpinfo page on my MAMP to see if everything was right.
PDO_mysql was enabled but (I’m not sure about that) the driver was missing. I don’t remember becasue after that I went HERE and installed the library.
Then I went again in the phpinfo page and the driver was there (see the screenshot).

Ok, I thought I have the problem solved. I restart the server and tried once again to run cron_import_products.php

Got the same error. But the phpinfo page says I have the pdo_mysql driver installed....how can that be possible?
Have I missed something? Or do I have to do other things?

Thx for the help…

Nicola

Image Attachments
pdo-screen.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

emmenko

Ok, it seems that the PHP installed by default in the Mac OS hasn’t the pdo_mysql, whereas the MAMP server has it.
This is becasue I tried to run the script in the terminal, that uses the PHP of the OS.

Maybe I have to install the missing driver in the system?

Anyway I tried to run it via browser and got these errors.

Nicola

Magento Community
Magento Community

brunomarshall
Guru

Total Posts:  367

Hi,
i’m not clear for what u tried to set a cron job if it is for importing the product then i will say a short info without setting up of cron job
if u are using excel sheet change it as .csv and then convert it in to UTF-8 encoding then upload in backend in System>import/export>import all products>uplaod file>browse and uplaod file then give save and continue edit >after this click on run profile and select file you are uploaded then click run profile on pop your products will start importing

place i am not clear is why you need to set a cron job to this if you are doing it for some other reason otjer than impor or export please furnish it in detail any query is invited

Magento Community
Magento Community

emmenko

brunomarshall - 11 November 2010 06:34 PM

Hi,
i’m not clear for what u tried to set a cron job if it is for importing the product then i will say a short info without setting up of cron job
if u are using excel sheet change it as .csv and then convert it in to UTF-8 encoding then upload in backend in System>import/export>import all products>uplaod file>browse and uplaod file then give save and continue edit >after this click on run profile and select file you are uploaded then click run profile on pop your products will start importing

place i am not clear is why you need to set a cron job to this if you are doing it for some other reason otjer than impor or export please furnish it in detail any query is invited

Hi,

this kind of import I already did it...successfully! I used the Productimport.php with and advance profile...the import goes well!

Now I want to set up a cron job, to do automatically the import every tot (eg: every 2 hours).
When I “installed” the Productimport.php (that works with Configurable+Simple Products) there were also 3 files in the folder I downloaded: cron_import_customer.php, cron_import_products.php, cron_refresh_cache.php

What I did is the following:
- I work, for now, in localhost and I tried to run directly the script cron_import_products.php with the shell before set up a crontab
- I got an error Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception because of the missing file pdo_mysql
- I checked my phpinfo in MAMP (the server I use on my Mac) but the file was installed and also enabled in php.ini
- after some research, I found that my OS has alreay installed a different version of PHP (which doesn’t have the pdo_mysql) and if I run something with the shell, it uses the PHP installed on the system, not the one in the server
- so, I decided to test the script directly via browser (to do that I have to remove the initial row in the file !# /usr/bin/php)
- at first I got an error about the STORE_ID and after fixed it an SQLSTATE error (here is how I fixed them)

[between every step I made, I did manually imports to check that everything was fine]

- so, I fixed the SQLSTATE error following these instructions
- then got another error (yes, it’s incredible that can be so many errors)...this time a Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Type_Simple::getUsedProducts() --> I found this to fix it
- so, tried again to run the script and it seemed to work (even if there was another error). I checked in the frontend and I couldn’t go anymore in the product’s detail page. What? I run an import with the profile and got errors....
<br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in <b>/Users/path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Type/Configurable.php</b> on line <b>267</b><br />
- ...are you kidding me magento???? I never touched the Productimport.php, only modified the cron_import_products.php and until the previous step the import went fine...and now???
- I did some research and this problem was fixed with the magento version 1.4...yes, but I have magento ver. 1.4.1.1! How can this be possible??? Then I read that someone has written to try to delete all products and re-import....I did it and everything is come back to normal. INCREDIBLE, isn’t it??? If someone has a resonable explanation about that, please tell me.

So, this was my day yesterday....today I try again to run the cron_import_products.php, hoping everything goes fine.

I’ll keep you update...in the meantime if anyone has the solution or tipps about these problems, tell us please.

Regards

Nicola

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Total Posts:  347
Spain

in case… do you revise the first line of the scripts?

perhaps you’re not linking to the correct php compiler, I suppose your system have multiple ones:

/usr/bin/php
/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/bin/php
/Applications/MAMP/bin/php4/bin/php

think that you are in a MAMP environment…

Magento Community
Magento Community

emmenko

amartinez - 12 November 2010 01:46 AM

in case… do you revise the first line of the scripts?

perhaps you’re not linking to the correct php compiler, I suppose your system have multiple ones:

/usr/bin/php
/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/bin/php
/Applications/MAMP/bin/php4/bin/php

think that you are in a MAMP environment…

I tried adding this line at the top of cron_import_products.php --> #!/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5.3/bin/php but still get the error
I tried also with this line --> #!/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5.2/bin/php but nothing…

This is what my browser shows

#!/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5.2/bin/php Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Adapter_Io :: load Loaded successfully: “/Users/path/to/magento/var/import/import_products.csv”. Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv :: parse Found 13 rows. Starting catalog/convert_adapter_productimport :: parse
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Type_Simple::getUsedProducts() in /Users/path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product/Type/Configurable/Attribute/Collection.php on line 161

I attach you my cron_import_products.php...maybe I have to modified something I don’t know…

File Attachments
cron_import_products.php.zip  (File Size: 4KB - Downloads: 112)

Magento Community
Magento Community

brunomarshall
Guru

Total Posts:  367

emmenko - 12 November 2010 12:46 AM

brunomarshall - 11 November 2010 06:34 PM
Hi,

Hi,

this kind of import I already did it...successfully! I used the Productimport.php with and advance profile...the import goes well!

Now I want to set up a cron job, to do automatically the import every tot (eg: every 2 hours).
When I “installed” the Productimport.php (that works with Configurable+Simple Products) there were also 3 files in the folder I downloaded: cron_import_customer.php, cron_import_products.php, cron_refresh_cache.php

What I did is the following:
- I work, for now, in localhost and I tried to run directly the script cron_import_products.php with the shell before set up a crontab
- I got an error Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception because of the missing file pdo_mysql
- I checked my phpinfo in MAMP (the server I use on my Mac) but the file was installed and also enabled in php.ini
- after some research, I found that my OS has alreay installed a different version of PHP (which doesn’t have the pdo_mysql) and if I run something with the shell, it uses the PHP installed on the system, not the one in the server
- so, I decided to test the script directly via browser (to do that I have to remove the initial row in the file !# /usr/bin/php)
- at first I got an error about the STORE_ID and after fixed it an SQLSTATE error (here is how I fixed them)

[between every step I made, I did manually imports to check that everything was fine]

- so, I fixed the SQLSTATE error following these instructions
- then got another error (yes, it’s incredible that can be so many errors)...this time a Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Type_Simple::getUsedProducts() --> I found this to fix it
- so, tried again to run the script and it seemed to work (even if there was another error). I checked in the frontend and I couldn’t go anymore in the product’s detail page. What? I run an import with the profile and got errors....
<br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in <b>/Users/path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Type/Configurable.php</b> on line <b>267</b><br />
- ...are you kidding me magento???? I never touched the Productimport.php, only modified the cron_import_products.php and until the previous step the import went fine...and now???
- I did some research and this problem was fixed with the magento version 1.4...yes, but I have magento ver. 1.4.1.1! How can this be possible??? Then I read that someone has written to try to delete all products and re-import....I did it and everything is come back to normal. INCREDIBLE, isn’t it??? If someone has a resonable explanation about that, please tell me.

So, this was my day yesterday....today I try again to run the cron_import_products.php, hoping everything goes fine.

I’ll keep you update...in the meantime if anyone has the solution or tipps about these problems, tell us please.

Regards

Nicola

Hi,
This is great i thought you are trying to make automatic backup , i have learn’t setting up cron job in MAMP from your post

Magento Community
Magento Community

emmenko

brunomarshall - 15 November 2010 03:39 AM

Hi,
This is great i thought you are trying to make automatic backup , i have learn’t setting up cron job in MAMP from your post

Ah no, no backups for now ^^

Anyway, I asked amartinez to take a look about my problem...the error occurs when there is the calling saveRow in the cron_import_products.php! ...and then it crushes when it finds the first row of configurable product in the csv file.

I don’t understand why....I mean, Productimport.php works fine if I do the import in backend...but when saveRow is called by the cron file it doesn’t work. I suppose maybe the problem is in the parameter passed in the function, so in our case:

$adapter -> saveRow( $importData );

Maybe $importData isn’t in the right form?
The previous row with $importData is the following:

$importData = $batchImportModel -> getBatchData();

Maybe do we have to look here?
These are only my suggestions...I’m not so familiar with magento and the data structure, so I could have said wrong things....what do you think, all of you?

PS: in the next few days I upload magento in a server...I hope everything goes well...I will try again the cron_import_products.php but I think it will still not work.

Nicola

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

Hi, here’s my import_products.php for magento 1.4

you can crontab it calling ./import_products.php

#!/usr/bin/php
<?
/**
* cron_profile.php
* @copyright (c) 2009 toniyecla (toniyecla [at] gmail [dot] com)
* @author toniyecla
* @version 1.0
*/

( !in_array('HTTP_USER_AGENT'$_SERVER) ) or die ( "Aborting...\n" ); // to run via web browser use ($_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"] == $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"])

ini_set('memory_limit''2048M');
ini_set('max_execution_time''180000');
ini_set'display_errors''on' );
global 
$store_code;
global 
$image_base_dir;
global 
$debug;
global 
$log;
require_once 
'app/Mage.php';
Mage :: app"default" ) -> setCurrentStoreMage_Core_Model_App :: ADMIN_STORE_ID );
Mage :: app();
umask);
$path '/export_folder/';
$filename 'new_products.csv';
$image_base_dir '/images/';
$store_code 'default';
$store Mage :: app() -> getStore$store_code );
$store_id $store -> getId();
$log $_SERVER[ 'SCRIPT_FILENAME' ];
$log dirname$log ) . '/var/log/import_products_' date"d-m-Y-H-i-s" ) . '.log';
$debug true;

print( 
"'" $store -> getName() . "' catalog import start\n" );

try 
{
    $batch 
Mage :: getSingleton'dataflow/batch' )
     -> 
setProfileId)
     -> 
setStoreId$store_id )
     -> 
save();

catch( Exception $e {

print( 'WARNING: ' $e -> getMessage() . "\n" );

try {
    $IO 
Mage :: getModel'dataflow/convert_adapter_io' );

$IO -> setVar'type''file' ) ;

$IO -> setVar'path'$path );

$IO -> setVar'filename'$filename );

$IO -> setVar'format''csv' );

$IO -> load();

catch( Exception $e {

try {
    $CSV 
Mage :: getModel'dataflow/convert_parser_csv' );

$CSV -> setVar'delimiter'',' );

$CSV -> setVar'enclose''"' );

$CSV -> setVar'fieldnames''true' );

$CSV -> setVar'store'$store_code );

$CSV -> setVar'number_of_records''1' );

$CSV -> setVar'decimal_separator''.' );

$CSV -> setVar'adapter''catalogimport/productcategory' );

$CSV -> setVar'method''parse' );

catch( Exception $e {

$CSV 
-> parse();

$adapter Mage :: getModel"catalogimport/productcategory" );
$arrBatch = array( 'store' => 0) ;
$adapter -> setBatchParams$arrBatch );
try 
{
    $adapter 
-> parse();

}
catch( Exception $e {

}

$batch 
-> beforeFinish();
$batch -> delete();

refresh_cache_1_4();

print( 
"'" $store -> getName() . "' catalog import finish\n" );

function 
refresh_cache_1_4()

{

print( 'Refreshing cache' "\n" );
        try 
{
            Mage 
:: app() -> cleanCache();
            print( 
'Magento cache cleaned' "\n" );

catch ( Exception $e {

}
?>

hope it helps!

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

for tier_prices I suggest:

(real csv with fake prices)

"sku","websites","store","has_options","type","attribute_set","config_attributes","news_from_date","categories","name","image","small_image","thumbnail","options_container","status","visibility","weight","short_description","description","qty","is_in_stock","assort","size","price","004","C+4","CF4","DP2","DP4","E1","E15","E20","E5","E6","E7","MUS","NOR","SUD","grouped","delivery_date","tax_class_id","name_cas","name_fra","name_ale","description_cas","description_fra","description_ale"

"1443-S2"
,"base","default","1","grouped","Grouped","size","15-11-2010 00:00:00","COMFORT-LIGHT","confort","1443-S2.jpg","1443-S2.jpg","1443-S2.jpg","Product Info Column","Disabled","Catalog, Search","0","COMFORT-LIGHT","","0","1","0","","111.90","111.80","111.70","111.60","111.50","111.40","111.30","111.10","111.00","111.00","111.00","111.00","111.00","111.00","111.00","1443-S2-34,1443-S2-35,1443-S2-36,1443-S2-37,1443-S2-38,1443-S2-39,1443-S2-40,1443-S2-41,1443-S2-42,1443-S2-43,1443-S2-44,1443-S2-45,1443-S2-46,1443-S2-47,1443-S2-48","1899-12-31","Taxable Goods","confort","confort","confort","","",""

"ARMY1-S1"
,"base","default","1","grouped","Grouped","size","15-11-2010 00:00:00","ARMY COLLECTION","ARMY 1  ANTIK NEGRO, PISO ARMY  (WITH ZIP)","ARMY1-S1.jpg","ARMY1-S1.jpg","ARMY1-S1.jpg","Product Info Column","Enabled","Catalog, Search","1.1000000000000001","ARMY COLLECTION","","10","1","0","","111.90","111.80","111.70","111.60","111.50","111.40","111.30","111.10","111.00","111.00","111.00","111.00","111.00","111.00","111.00","ARMY1-S1-35,ARMY1-S1-36,ARMY1-S1-37,ARMY1-S1-38,ARMY1-S1-39,ARMY1-S1-40,ARMY1-S1-41,ARMY1-S1-42,ARMY1-S1-43,ARMY1-S1-44,ARMY1-S1-45,ARMY1-S1-46,ARMY1-S1-47,ARMY1-S1-48","1899-12-31","Taxable Goods","ARMY 1  ANTIK NEGRO, PISO ARMY  (WITH ZIP)","ARMY 1  ANTIK NEGRO, PISO ARMY  (WITH ZIP)","ARMY 1  ANTIK NEGRO, PISO ARMY  (WITH ZIP)","","",""

"ARMY3-S1"
,"base","default","1","grouped","Grouped","size","15-11-2010 00:00:00","ARMY COLLECTION","ARMY 3 ANTIK NEGRO, PISO ARMY","ARMY3-S1.jpg","ARMY3-S1.jpg","ARMY3-S1.jpg","Product Info Column","Enabled","Catalog, Search","1.1000000000000001","ARMY COLLECTION","","10","1","0","","111.90","111.80","111.70","111.60","111.50","111.40","111.30","111.10","111.00","111.00","111.00","111.00","111.00","111.00","111.00","ARMY3-S1-35,ARMY3-S1-36,ARMY3-S1-37,ARMY3-S1-38,ARMY3-S1-39,ARMY3-S1-40,ARMY3-S1-41,ARMY3-S1-42,ARMY3-S1-43,ARMY3-S1-44,ARMY3-S1-45,ARMY3-S1-46,ARMY3-S1-47,ARMY3-S1-48","1899-12-31","Taxable Goods","ARMY 3 ANTIK NEGRO, PISO ARMY","ARMY 3 ANTIK NEGRO, PISO ARMY","ARMY 3 ANTIK NEGRO, PISO ARMY","","",""

then add to app/code/local/Mage/Catalogimport/Model/Productcategory.php, after $product -> save();

/**
        * SQL
        * foreach( $querys as $query ) {
        * try {
        * $product_id = $product -> getId();
        * if ( !$write -> fetchOne ( $query[0] ) ) {
        * $write -> query( $query[1] );
        * }
        * } catch (Exception $e) { 
        * $this -> notify( $e -> getMessage(), 'warning' ); 
        * }
        * }
        */

$tier_prices true;
$resource Mage :: getSingleton'core/resource' );
$write $resource -> getConnection'catalog_write' );
$product_table $resource -> getTableName'catalog/product' );
$customer_group_table $resource -> getTableName'customer_group' );
$product_entity_tier_price_table $resource -> getTableName'catalog/product' ) . '_tier_price';

if ( 
$tier_prices {

if ( $data_type == 'simple' {
                $product_id 
$write -> fetchOne"select * from $product_table where sku='" $data['sku'"'" );

$customer_groups $write -> query"select * from $customer_group_table);                foreach ( $customer_groups as $customer_group {

if ( $customer_group['customer_group_code'!= 'General' && $customer_group['customer_group_code'!= 'NOT LOGGED IN' {                        try {

if ( $write -> fetchOne"select * from $product_entity_tier_price_table where entity_id=" . ( int )$product_id " and all_groups=0 and customer_group_id=" . ( int )$customer_group['customer_group_id'
and qty=1 and website_id=0" 
) ) {                                $write -> query"update $product_entity_tier_price_table set value=" $data[$customer_group['customer_group_code']] " where entity_id=" . ( int )$product_id " and all_groups=0 and customer_group_id
=" 
. ( int )$customer_group['customer_group_id'" and qty=1 and website_id=0" );

else {
                                $write 
-> query"insert into $product_entity_tier_price_table (entity_id, all_groups, customer_group_id, qty, value, website_id) values (" . ( int )$product_id ", 0, " . ( int )$customer_group['custom
er_group_id'
", 1, " $data[$customer_group['customer_group_code']] ", 0)" );

} 

catch ( Exception $e {
                            $this 
-> notify$e -> getMessage(), 'warning' );

} 
                    } 
                } 
            }

hope it helps!

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

emmenko

\"amartinez\" -

Hi, here\’s my import_products.php for magento 1.4

you can crontab it calling ./import_products.php

[...]

hope it helps!

smile

First of all, thx for your help you’re offering me....I really appreciate!!! smile

I remember that I’m still working and testing in localhost on a Mac with MAMP server and magento 1.4.1.1!

I tried to run this script...since I’m trying to run it via browser I have to uncomment the right “server line”...I wrote like that:

//( !in_array('HTTP_USER_AGENT', $_SERVER) ) or die ( "Aborting...\n" ); 
// to run via web browser use 
if ($_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"== $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]{

PS: I also set my Import Advance Profile (which is 10) in the

try {
    $batch 
Mage :: getSingleton'dataflow/batch' )

-> setProfileId10 )
     -> 
setStoreId$store_id )
     -> 
save();

}

Then I run it and I got the following errors:

1. something about store exception --> since my store id is admin, I switched “default” with “admin” in

Mage :: app"admin" ) -> setCurrentStoreMage_Core_Model_App :: ADMIN_STORE_ID );
and
$store_code 'admin';

2. run it again and this time I got a warning plus an error

WARNING: Could not load file: “/export_folder/new_products.csv”.
Fatal error: Call to a member function setBatchParams() on a non-object in /Users/path/to/magento/cron_import_copia.php on line 79

--> mmh, I see....I have to insert the absolute path to my import folder in the variable $path and write the right name of my csv file...something like that:

$path '/Users/path/to/magento/var/import/';
$filename 'import_products.csv';
....and run again!

3. Ok, this time I got the message ‘Admin’ catalog import start but always that error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setBatchParams() on a non-object in /Users/path/to/magento/cron_import_copia.php on line 79

that is referred to this part of code

77   $adapter Mage :: getModel"catalogimport/productcategory" );
78   $arrBatch = array( 'store' => 0) ;
79   $adapter -> setBatchParams$arrBatch );
....a non-object??? What???

Any idea what this is?

Nicola

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

do you have app/code/local/Mage/Catalogimport/Model/Productcategory.php?

Magento Community
Magento Community

emmenko

amartinez - 16 November 2010 05:57 AM

do you have app/code/local/Mage/Catalogimport/Model/Productcategory.php?

No...what is that????

PS: now that you mention it, at first I tried to put Productimport.php into app/code/local/Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Adapter/ but it didn’t work...so, I put it into app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Adapter/
...and it works!
But Productcategory.php I don’t have it...there wasn’t in your files ò__o

Is that the problem??

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

Yes smile That’s the problem…

app/code/local/Mage/Catalogimport is a ‘version’ of app/code/core/Mage/Catalog that process tier products and some other issues

we can say that you reference in $adapter = Mage :: getModel( “catalogimport/productcategory” );

you must take a look of http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/3_-_store_setup_and_management/import_export/how_to_automatically_import_simple_grouped_and_configurable_products

cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community

emmenko

amartinez - 16 November 2010 06:23 AM

Yes smile That’s the problem…

app/code/local/Mage/Catalogimport is a ‘version’ of app/code/core/Mage/Catalog that process tier products and some other issues

we can say that you reference in $adapter = Mage :: getModel( “catalogimport/productcategory” );

you must take a look of http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/3_-_store_setup_and_management/import_export/how_to_automatically_import_simple_grouped_and_configurable_products

cheers!

Yes, I did follow this wiki smile
...that’s how I found your scripts…

But there is no reference of app/code/local/Mage/Catalogimport nor the Productcategory.php you’ve mentioned before.

What do I have to do?
PS: a curiosity: why Productimport.php doesn’t work in local but it works in the core directory??

Please have a little bit more patient that if we solve this I will not stress you more rasberry

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

do you look at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/35865/ too?

cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2