Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Buy 2 get 1 free across the whole product range? 

louise100

Total Posts:  168
UK

Hi,

I’ve been reading various posts on magento’s cart price rules and was wondering if anyone had got a promotion to work:

Buy 2, get 1 free - mix and match

I have got this rule to work if 3 of the same product are selected… however this does not appear to work if 3 completely different products are added to the cart.

Surely this is a standard promotion rule for any store?

Any feedback is appreciated,

Louise

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kitchener

Total Posts:  1

I couldn’t quite believe that this isn’t standard either and I’ve been waiting for someone to develop a plug-in.  No joy yet.

We’re thinking of getting a programmer to develop one as our business is crippled without it.  Would you be interested in buying from us once developed?

Simon

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

I am nearly there with Buy 2 get 1 Free in the Cartex Module.

I will put that on the fast track, I didn’t realize it was so popular!

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Brent+W+Peterson/extension/4089/promo_auto_add_to_cart_discount

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community