Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
How to install and configure the Connectgento jQuery Page Peel extension

gdelfava

Total Posts:  35
Queenstown, South Africa

Step 1.
Install the extension via Magento Connect.

Step 2.

Create a static block called jQuery Page Peel with identfier jq-pagepeel and past in the following code.

<head>
<
script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.yourdomain.com/pagePeeljquery-1.6.1.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.yourdomain.com/pagePeel/jQuery.pagePeel.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    $().
ready(function(){

// alert ('jQuery running');

$('#pagePeel').pagePeel({
            introAnim
true,

adLink'index.php'

});

});
</script>
</head>
<
body>
<
div id="pagePeel"></div>
</
body>
Remember to change the default file locations for the jQuery Libary and the Page Peel file to point to your website.

Step 3.
Reference the static block in your home page content area like this.

{{block type="cms/block" block_id="jq-pagepeel"}}

Step 4.
Add the folloowing code to your home page>layout update xml under the design tab.

<div id="pagePeel"></div>

Step 5.
Locate the jQuery.pagePeel.js in the pagPeel folder in the root of your Magento store using an FTP client. Download and save the file to your computer and edit the default image and file locations to point to your website.

Step 6.
All Done!
Refresh your cache and refresh your browser. You should now see a nice jQuery Page Peel effect in the top right of corner of the home page.

A Sample advert template has been included and can be used as reference when designing our own ads.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

booklover777

Total Posts:  6

Remember to change the default file locations for the jQuery Libary and the Page Peel file to point to your website. Change the adLink to point to the link of your advert.

This is where I get stuck.  It would be awesome if in your instructions you explained how to change the default file locations for the JQuery Library and the Page Peel file...how do I point it to my website?  Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

booklover777

Total Posts:  6

"Remember to change the default file locations for the jQuery Libary and the Page Peel file to point to your website. Change the adLink to point to the link of your advert.”

This is where I get stuck.  It would be awesome if in your instructions you explained how to change the default file locations for the JQuery Library and the Page Peel file...how do I point it to my website?  Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

gdelfava

Queenstown, South Africa

To @booklover777, have a look at the code at the top of the install instructions. It points to www.fashionjunction.co.za for the jquery files. All you need to do is remove that domain name and replace it with the name of your domain. This allows the script to find the files located on your Magento Store.

I trust this has answered your questions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

prestigemv

Total Posts:  10

This Post is awesome.. Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

gdelfava

Queenstown, South Africa

Thank you @prestigemv for your kind words.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DRF9

Total Posts:  3

Hello,
Thanks for the cool extension. I like that I can place it on the home page but I would like to have it on all the pages. Can you give me advise on how to place it on all the pages?

Thanks so much.
Aaron

Magento Community
Magento Community

gdelfava

Queenstown, South Africa

To install the page peel in all pages, simply create widget referencing the pagepeel static block. Click on CMS then Widget. Create a new layout update and set it to display on all pages. Save the configuration. You will then be asked to reindex a few files before the widget shows up on all the other pages.

I have been brief on how to create a widget. You can check the wiki on Magento Website or search the forums on how to do this in more detail. It’s pretty straight forward though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

abirdd

Total Posts:  20
Canada

don’t forget to fix the block to have a /BODY (note the slash)
Derek

Magento Community
Magento Community

abirdd

Total Posts:  20
Canada

Warning to anyone who is trying to use this. If you already have jquery light boxes or theme components like banner boxes etc. this will break it. it does not play nicely with other jquery enabled modules ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

gdelfava

Queenstown, South Africa

This extension uses the latest version of jQuery. If your other installed extensions do not use the latest version, then you would need to update it, as this extension will clash with other version of jQuery.

Magento Community
Magento Community

profstyle

Total Posts:  13

where to type step 3. Can you please explain in more detail.

thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gdelfava

Queenstown, South Africa

@profstyle You need to copy the code in step 3 which references the static block you have created. Then paste the code on your Home CMS Page in the CMS Content Area section. You can paste it anywhere in that area.

Magento Community
Magento Community

profstyle

Total Posts:  13

Thank you so much, i finally did it ! good looking on my site. really appreciated it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gdelfava

Queenstown, South Africa

@profstyle Great a I am glad you have it working on yur store. Post your store URL so we can all take a look.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tigor

Total Posts:  31

Hello!

First of all, thanks for great free extension. However, I can’t install it properly. The thing is that Magento backend running weird from the first day. When I am trying to type anything in CMS pages or static blocks, it can remove half of my code. For example, you told to paste the above code into the static block and after I saved it, look what I have

<script src="http://www.mysite.com/pagePeel/jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="http://www.mysite.com/pagePeel/jQuery.pagePeel.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[

$().ready(function(){

// alert ('jQuery running');

$('#pagePeel').pagePeel({
            introAnim
true,

adLink'index.php'

});

});
// ]]></script>

Why it can’t hold the whole code. I tried pasting div containers at the end and it removes them even if I press Show/Hide Editor (without saving!). I hope that this is due to configuration issue and not that Magento is weirdo.

Also, I didn’t understand what should be changed in “adLink:”?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2