Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Does Magento link to any existing forum? 

PatrickTT

Total Posts:  22

As per title, does Magento play nice with any existing forum software? I need to install both Magento and some forums for a client but they would like the user systems to work seamlessly with each other and rather than try to work out how to integrate them, if there was something already set up that would be absolutely stonking :D

Thanks

Patrick

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sven4o

Total Posts:  37

Hello Patrick,

As a solution you can try to bridge Magento and Joomla using jFusion and then set a forum software for Joomla. In this way the applications will share the same users’ database.

Also, I have searched the Magento online resources and it seems that there is a vBulletin integration option, which is a provided as a paid module:

http://www.aitoc.com/en/magentomods_vbulletin_integration.html

You can contact the developers of this product and check whether it will meet your needs.

The third solution which I have found is regarding a SMF - Magento bridge:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=352457

It is a free one. You can test it for your software installation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WielkoDuch

Total Posts:  16
Pleszew - Polska

Maybe this forum extension will be OK ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community