Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

CMS ability

mrmchodge

Total Posts:  4

Hi there,

Sorry I’m new to Magneto, How would the admin user of the site content manage the content within the site? Is there a built in way to do this? Or do you need to install a extension?

Cheers
H

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

webplus

Total Posts:  46

There is a CMS built into the backend. There you can create pages, add static blocks and add all the content to your hearts desire. Now one thing to keep in mind the CMS is neanderthal at best. It is no Joomla. You can create a new page, but you either need to link direct url or go through a static block and load a page with category menu.

You can give your CMS manager access to just the CMS portion of the site using ACL. If your looking for a full blown CMS then Magneto is not the answer. Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrmchodge

Total Posts:  4

Hi there,

Yes that does help. The site is primarily an ecommerce site so I think I have the right match. There will however be additoinal pages such as about the company, how to get there, about us - etc etc which the client will also need to periodically change so I\’m assuming the client can change content in there?

Cheers
H

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagePsycho
Mentor

Total Posts:  1702

Besides CMS pages, you will be interested in ‘Static Block’.
check that out.

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community