Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fontis Aus Post over 20kg issue

Dickd

Total Posts:  15

The Fontis aus post module is just what we need and has been working fine , until the items selected exceed the 20kg weight issue.
99% of my products are 18kg so that works fine until you order x2
This module does not seen to be able to split it into two parcels, has any one found a way to get around this

Thanks Newbie to Magento

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

I share your frustration with this. I would also like to see larger shipments automatically split, but it’s not as easy as it appears.
There are lots of variables to take into account that depend on what good you are shipping, the size of the packaging, how your products lend themselves to splitting into multiple packages.
eg: total order may come to 23Kg, and the Fontis module might split that into 1 x 20Kg and 1 x 3Kg. But those particular products might require splitting into 17Kg and 6Kg… The variations are endless.

I really don’t know how you overcome these kinds of problems…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dickd

Total Posts:  15

Found a reasonable solution
I enabled a table rate and only put i entry in for weight over 20kg (I ended up doing 3 in the end 20,36,42)
It gives a new option for over 20kg but also shows for lower weights, i just call it Courier

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Sure, that sounds like a simple workaround for your situation, as it sounds like you have predictable weight ‘brackets’… glad you got something sorted.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community