Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple store issue - not displaying front page on the additional sites

zing

Total Posts:  1

Hey

Hopefully I\’m just missing something simple here ... Have tried google but can\’t see anything close

Have had a single store setup working for a couple of months now and all has been fine. I\’ve recently been trying to create a second site/store on the same install - so separate products/root category/etc.. off the same backend.

Anyways - existing domain (we\’ll call it domain1.com) all works fine—point browser at domain1.com and it\’ll display the site as it should (magento setup is at domain1.com/shop/)
New domain (domain2.com) doesn\’t display a home page—point browser at domain2.com and it\’ll load theme stuff, etc.. for domain2.com but displays a 404 Not found at domain2.com/shop/ with the following text:

Whoops, our bad…

The page you requested was not found, and we have a fine guess why.

* If you typed the URL directly, please make sure the spelling is correct.
* If you clicked on a link to get here, the link is outdated.

What can you do?

* Go back to the previous page.
* Use the search bar at the top of the page to search for your products.
* Follow these links to get you back on track!
Store Home | My Account

However if you point your browser at domain2.com/shop/index.php it displays the front page as it should.

Can’t get the rewriterule/setenvif options to work in .htaccess so have the following simple hack in index.php:
switch ($_SERVER[\’HTTP_HOST\’]) {
case \"domain2.com\":
$_SERVER[\’MAGE_RUN_CODE\’] = \"domain2\";
break;
case \"www.domain2.com\":
$_SERVER[\’MAGE_RUN_CODE\’] = \"domain2\";
break;
//etc
}

So any ideas what I\’m missing in the config here ?

--

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community