Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SOAP Client Newbie

roco

Total Posts:  191

Hi All.  At this point I think I need to learn to use the API to manage my data.  I am not a PHP guru but I can get around magento ok.  I would like a reccomendation of a tool that will allow me to work with the Magento API and the data in my backend.  I was attempting to work with Pentaho but think that it is not compatible with the SOAP version magento uses.  Could someone recommend a way for me to interact with the API that will not be too painful, so that I can do basic things like:

- Upload products and attributes
- Upload product stocks
- Upload price changes (inclusing tier pricing)

The dataflow module is much to slow to use for me.....

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

You can try creating your own php script (I know that you say that you aren’t a guru).
I made my conenctions with Php, Python and Java. At this moment I’m working harder with Php for that.

About the data flow.
How many products you change/update at time?

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Total Posts:  191

About 30,000.  Data flow struggles with it.  Surely someone must have created and shared PHP scripts for doing this?  I know what is in the WIKI but without a frontend, I am afraid I don’t know how to use it :(.

PS - Mi Esposa es una Rosarina.  Saludos

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

@roco

(Saludos en español entonces) wink

About that products quantity, I got a bad experience with Magento Dataflow.
I made import of 22k products, but using my own scripts, that make the inserts on all the tables. These scripts have my adaptation to use my select data source.
I understand that Magento Dataflow need more work for import too much products at once.
If you want to try, maybe I can help you or guide you with the process.

Magento Community
Magento Community

evoluweb

Total Posts:  4

Hi,

I am working on product transfer with soap using Windev.
It is not a problem to transfer the data but it takes a lot of time...about 3-4sec for each product.
Is there a way to make it faster...i have about 2000 products to transfer.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community