Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Slick fashion designer store online

Vinai

Total Posts:  218
Heidelberg, Germany

Check out style pure: http://store.renestorck.com/

Props go to softloop (and me working for them :D)

Cheers,

Vinai

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Reino

Total Posts:  78
Utrecht, The Netherlands

Looks very nice!!
Nice design!

Rename the <title> of your homepage.. It’s “Home Page” now smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vinai

Heidelberg, Germany

Thanks! Changed smile

Vinai

Magento Community
Magento Community

thomasmore

Total Posts:  80

The site looks great. You have the menu that I’ve been looking for, what script did you use for it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vinai

Heidelberg, Germany

It’s a version of the accordion.js also used by the Onepagecheckout.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

Hi!
Most of the store looks good. I don’t like gray text on gray background though....it’s so hard to read (menus) and all the text seems so small. Then the shopping cart has so much white text all run together.

When I clicked on English, the labels of the store all changed to English, but the text of the products did not. Oh now I can’t find where I was when that happened.
I have it set to English and the product descriptions are in English but the product names are in German. (I’m in Men’s Belts.) Also it says Grosse instead of Length.
There is a link at the bottom called “Imprint” and I don’t know what that is. The text on that page is all German.

Magento Community
Magento Community

thomasmore

Total Posts:  80

vinai-kung - 24 October 2008 01:12 PM

It’s a version of the accordion.js also used by the Onepagecheckout.

Thanks. Unlike the previous post, I think the site looks fantastic.

Magento Community
Magento Community

IainStansfield

Total Posts:  5
UK

Great work!

Slick is the right word and very well thought out.

The menus work nicely and are manageable and I love the simple format of the thumbnails. I initially missed the search option thinking it was a link but I think that was me just being dim! The zoom function also works very nicely.

It’s refreshing to see great execution of form and function. Well done. (do you take commissions?!)

IainStansfield

Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

A whole screen of black is depressing no matter how good the design and makes the white quite glaring. Maybe OK in summer with the sun shining on the screen:-) You see I have a screen with bags of contrast so I see things a little differently.
I think the images could do with some work. Can you get them to be superimposed on a white background with rounded edges. Won’t look so stark and unfinished then.
The menu was slick enough and I suppose it could be fun to play around with making the text jump up and down but I found it a bit irritating.

Sorry and all that!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nath

Total Posts:  28

I like the site, especially the way the product images change when you select a different colour. How did you go about making it do that?

Well done.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vinai

Heidelberg, Germany

Thanks for all the feedback - good and critical!
The English translations are happening step by step, I’m sorry, maybe I should have posted the site after all was done smile

@joyously - Synonyms for imprint are “flag” or “masthead”. The German term is “Impressum”, and it contains the information who is responsible for the contents and how to contact them. Every site I ever made has one, at least in Germany it’s very common.

@Nath - I render all the thumbnails of all the images of the configurable product in the catalog/product/view/media.phtml, and attach a javascript onchange event observer to the drop down to hide all sets but the selected one.

Thanks again,
Vinai

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikeinspain

Total Posts:  108
Alicante, Spain

Vinai..  think it is a great looking site.. 

A refreshing change to some stores, mine included and goes to show that not all stores have to be the same.

Great work..

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

vinai-kung - 26 October 2008 10:04 AM

@joyously - Synonyms for imprint are “flag” or “masthead”. The German term is “Impressum”, and it contains the information who is responsible for the contents and how to contact them. Every site I ever made has one, at least in Germany it’s very common.

Makes sense in a way, but you should use an English word that makes sense to English speakers. If it’s contact info, say so. “Imprint” means nothing, and flag or masthead don’t either. You could use “About” or “Who We Are” or something that reflects what’s on the page. That usually works best.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community