Magento Forum

Add free accessories - Module available? (Please Help: We Needed This Yesterday…)

Joppiesaus

Total Posts:  31

We are currenly looking for a Magento module or customization to do the following:

1) being able to add multiple products (a) to a main product (b) for free, so that when product ‘b’ is bought these ‘a’ products are automatically added to the shopping cart as well. All added ‘a’ products should show a price of €0,- (FREE).

2) when product ‘b’ is removed from the shopping cart ofcourse the attached products should be removed as well. The products ‘a’ can be bought seperate at their own price. It should of course not be possible to buy the product with free accessories, delete the main product and remain with free accessories which can be ordered.

3) the attached products ‘a’ should be shown on the product page so it is visually clear to the customer that he gets extra value in the form of extra products.

4) Now, when ‘b’ is bought with the attached free products ‘a’ in the magento backend it should show that ‘b’ is bought but also products ‘a’ so all products are packaged accordingly.

EXAMPLE:

Someone orders a laptop and with this laptop 1 free mouse and 1 free case is provided. These free products are shown on the product page so the complete deal is visible immediately. When the laptop is ordered the case and mouse are added for €0 to the cart. When the laptop is removed the case and mouse are also deleted. When an extra mouse(s) are ordered then the amount will increase with the normal selling price for each mouse.

Is there a module for this or something that comes very close which we can edit ourselves? We tried http://icebergcommerce.com/software/magento-auto-add-to-cart-extension.html, but this doesn’t handle for free products, which means we have to make a lot of modifications (especially the aspect of a free product makes this more difficult).

If anyone can help please let us know, we are kind of in a planning crisis because we were under the assumption that the icebergcommerce module was the right one for us and we just found out it wasn’t after all.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3215
Minneapolis MN

Have you looked at this module?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Brent+W+Peterson/extension/4089/promo_auto_add_to_cart_discount

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joppiesaus

I’m not sure, but I think this does come close. I added a screenshot of the product page how we want to design it.

As you can see 2 existing products are added for free (GRATIS = FREE) and their original vlue is clearly shown so the customer has an understanding of the extra value they are about to receive with this offer.

I’m not sure if this is possible with this module and how this will work:

- in the cart (are added products visible with price of €0? And is it fraude proof meaning you cant end up with only the free accessories to order?
- In the back end? When packaging orders is it clear that it doesnt only contain the main product but other products also need to be packaged?  And is stock for these accessories also diminished by 1?

Thanks for the tip.

Image Attachments
ScreenHunter_01 Oct. 20 22.24.gif

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

Joppiesaus - 06 November 2010 04:31 AM

- in the cart (are added products visible with price of €0? And is it fraude proof meaning you cant end up with only the free accessories to order?

Yes

Joppiesaus - 06 November 2010 04:31 AM

- In the back end? When packaging orders is it clear that it doesnt only contain the main product but other products also need to be packaged?  And is stock for these accessories also diminished by 1?

Stock is diminished, and in the backend you need to set up your promo, so it would be clear what is happening, there is also a spot to set your promo message

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joppiesaus

Hello,

Currently I have http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Brent+W+Peterson/extension/4089/promo_auto_add_to_cart_discount from Wagento installed on our website. The module has been installed and extended with some further options by a hired IT company. Now that the module is succesfully installed and tweaked upon by this company we found out that the module itself has2 critical bugs for us:

1. The shopping cart isn\\\’t succesfully emptied when deleting a X to Y promotional product(s).
2. When adding products to an X to Y promo rule the new products are succesfully added, however ALL old items are \\\’forgotten\\\’/deleted from the promo list. This makes working with the module next to impossible because new products come in daily and completely reconfiguring a promo every single time is next to impossible.

We are kind of in the corner with this one because updates/patches are taking considerable time and we can\\\’t change module anymore because the IT company already did their work based on this module.

So, anybody here has any experience with these bugs and know of a way to fix this? Hopefully with few pointers I\\\’ll be able to fix it myself so I don\\\’t have to wait any longer and COMPLETELY miss the holiday saeson with promo\\\’s we have to offer.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

@Joppiesaus::

I am working on a fix for item #2. I have listed this as a bug for 1.0.6 in my documentation.

I am also aware of item #1. I assume this only occurs when you add more than one item on a given promo?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nexersys

Total Posts:  1

FYI the following link is a 404 ERROR --> http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Brent+W+Peterson/extension/4089/promo_auto_add_to_cart_discount

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community