Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

My site has been hacked and I have no idea on how to resolve the issue

Pari

Total Posts:  88

Hi all,

I recently moved my site over to Magento and this morning spotted that the site was actually hacked. I would be really grateful if someone could please help me resolve the issue. I would prefer not to share the site here as a bit worried as to who might be reading this post.

If anyone does know how to resolve the issue, please can you contact me.

Thanks and kind regards. Pari.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sven4o

Total Posts:  37

There are different reasons for a web site to be hacked.

You can find a list with the most common ones below:

http://kb.siteground.com/article/hacked_website.html

In a case of a hacked web site you should download all the web site files on your local computer and scan them with a updated anti-virus program.

In this way you will be able to find the files that contain malicious code. Then you can edit the files and remove the lines inserted by the hackers. Also, you will find the exploits and the back-doors uploaded by the hackers. These files should be deleted.

Once you have a clean copy of the web site, delete the infected one and upload the cleaned files back to the server.

Then you should upgrade your script to the latest stable version.

Also, there are some basic security guidelines that you can follow:

http://kb.siteground.com/article/Basic_security_guidelines_for_the_shared_hosting_server.html

Additionally, you can contact you web hosting provider. Their technical support department representatives should be able to assist you with the malicious code cleaning and the application upgrade.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

How about just a little more info?

“Hacked” could mean anything. What are the symptoms?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pari

Thanks guys,

There is a message from some hacking group showing on the homepage.The message on the site appears to come from http://www.alboraaq.com/

Regards. Pari.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

Pari - 05 November 2010 09:57 AM

Thanks guys,

There is a message from some hacking group showing on the homepage.The message on the site appears to come from http://www.alboraaq.com/

Regards. Pari.

You hosting could be insecure.

On some hostings it is possible to change files from another hosting account on the same server (if permissions are 777).

If you like our support can check it for you.

Also, do you use some other web software? Wordpress, Joomla?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pari

hi turnkey,

What do you charge please?

Regards. Pari.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ebuntu

Total Posts:  245
Denver, CO

Pari,
If your index pages have been defaced by whoever, it is very common. All you need to do is secure your server and update any Open Source Php or Perl software to the latest release. Looking for a company to optimize and secure your server, go to: www.ServerTune.com

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community