Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Grid is broken… not sure what’s going on. 

digitalgypsy

Total Posts:  10

I’m trying to incorporate a product grid to display all of the products in my store, so I’ve put all of my products into a “display” category, and made a grid on a static CMS page using this code:

{{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="2" template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}}
Everything has been working fine, and now some of the products have spontaneously disappeared… I’m not sure what’s going on here, and I can’t figure out why some products aren’t showing, while some are, especially because they’re all in stock and marked as active in the backend…

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

webplus

Total Posts:  46

link or something nothing to go on here

Magento Community
Magento Community

webplus

Total Posts:  46

a couple of things

make sure that you flush cache and reindex easy to forget to do this

Magento Community
Magento Community

digitalgypsy

OK, I\’ve attached my list.phtml file here (that\’s generating the grid, from what I understand)… it\’s from the blank theme and entirely unedited so far.

Here\’s a link to the store… There should be a couple of more items showing and I\’m not sure why it\’s just omitting them… hmmm

I\’ll try clearing the cache and right now… will post the results in a few minutes…

File Attachments
list.phtml  (File Size: 7KB - Downloads: 21)

Magento Community
Magento Community

digitalgypsy

Cache didn\’t work, but reindexing did… thanks, webplus!

Is there a way to set this up to run automatically via cron job?

Magento Community
Magento Community

digitalgypsy

I’ll answer that myself: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/78102/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community