Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is there a way to set up a “Donation” code? 

DreamKeeper

Total Posts:  9

I would like to set up a “Donation” code that would function like a promo code except that instead of giving a customer a discount on their order I would take that percentage of their order subtotal and donate it to a charity. So, if I set up a shopping cart rule with the code of “Donate” can I set it up so that say 10% of the customers subtotal can be tagged for Donation? I don’t need the system to really do anything except record this so that I can run a report and see who used this Donation code and how much I need to donate to the charity. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thank you…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

It’s funny that you mention that. We just released an extension today that helps with micro donations I’m not actually sure if this is what you’re looking for. It’s not what your describing, but if it’s all about giving to charity, give it a look.

“This web technology (API) harnesses the power of micro-donations by inviting your customers to round up their change or add an extra dollar to their balance for donation to a charity of their choice. We then aggregate these donations and thousands more from other e-tailer partners in our network, and distribute them to the corresponding non-profits. “

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/beanstalkgiving/extension/4981/bg_microdonations

Magento Community
Magento Community

gracieandmo

Total Posts:  1

DreamKeeper - I need the same thing - a promo code to offer to match 10% of proceeds to a charity - so please let me know if you find some way of using the base shopping cart rules in Magento or if you learn of an extension that works for this purpose - I am not collecting donations from customers - just wanting to offer to donate on their behalf.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mailware

Total Posts:  41

Rondata’s link may be your best bet if you are trying to find a free add-on.  Though, just for more options, I did come across a Donations Ultimate Magento Extension, which is $79.00.  Wanted to throw that out there.  Hope this helps and good luck you guys (DreamKeeper and Gracieandmo)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community