Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Menu tool tips

Rowan

Total Posts:  8
Australia, QLD

While I download Magento at 30KB/s I thought I should introduce myself to the online demo. The front end theme is obviously expected to be customised in most cases, so I’m focusing my scrutiny on the back end, which is likely to remain unchanged in most cases.

A couple of things hit me when I loaded the first admin page (the aesthetics are great by the way), the Sales > Orders table has so many fields it doesn’t fit horizontally in my window (1024px across), I can imagine this getting frustrating for admins.

However the thing that made me go ‘huh?’ was the tool tips on menu items; every time I roll over a menu item a tool tip appears and covers the menu item below it. This reminds me of Microsoft’s IE Developer Toolbar, but to a lesser extent.

There’s no reason to use a tool tip on clearly labeled, stacked text links. They don’t seem to provide any usability or accessibility enhancements currently, and just get in the way.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

You can undo this by removing the title attributes from the links in the html. In any case, I can see this being annoying. Sometimes title attributes are used solely for SEO purposes, but in the backend, this may seem a bit ridiculous. But at least I mentioned how you can undo this. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rowan

Total Posts:  8
Australia, QLD

If the titles are annoying anyone else, go to app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page/menu.phtml and search for and delete title="<?=$_item['title']?>”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

uopmarketplace

Total Posts:  4

nice test

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community