Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

checkout freezes/ will not contine in IE - Magento 1.1, 1.11, and 1.16

sperling75

Total Posts:  17

When you get to the credit card entry step in checkout on Internet Explorer it will not proceed… the button does nothing and the sale is lost.  This is with saved credit card payment option and authorise.net.  I can’t imagine that Magento checkout has not been tested on IE 7.  But I have tried this with 3 versions and different installs and always get the same result.  Please comment workarounds or fixes if you have seen this..

Thanks!

Sam

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

winterradio

Total Posts:  84

Same problem here, just had to take an order over the phone because the customer called.  I’m wondering how many sales I’ve lost because of this.  Has it been reported as a bug as of yet?

Customer was using IE 7 and I am using Authorize.net as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sperling75

No solution yet but to drop payment options except for paypal and google checkout which is a disaster.  Looking for a solution - willing to split payment for one if you are interested in trying to get some help.  I just can’t believe this problem is there and has not been resolved… yet it is and we have lost a lot of business from it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

winterradio

Sam,

I’m going to submit it as a bug report.  In the meantime I would be willing to split half with you, it does not seem like it would cost much.  I think it has something to do with the submit action script that won’t play nice with IE 7.  The order will not progress beyond that button.  In fact IE 7 doesn’t even seem to recognize that it is a button.  Ive tested in Firefox, Opera, Safari and IE 6 and seem to work fine.  Unfortunately, IE 7, as you well know, is the most popular browser on the market now.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks,

Henry

Magento Community
Magento Community

sperling75

Cool - I created a bug report as well.  Let’s hope they get to this as it is so critical.  The one thing you need to have working right is the payment page.

Do you have any tech contacts that know Magento well?  I imagine there are lots on this forum.  Be happy to split any costs to get this done asap.  Waiting for Magento may not be an option.

Sam

Magento Community
Magento Community

winterradio

Sam,

I’m going to keep searching the forums until I find a programmer.  I just tried testing IE 7 with a number of different credit card payment options other than authorize.net and none of them work either! 

I can’t believe this, just wondering how many sales we possibly may have lost because of this.  I agree, Magento seems to be extremely slow to respond to bug reports these days.  I haven’t heard anything on when they intend to release 1.1.7 I do know that 1.1.6 was released 48 days ago.  I suppose it is the risk you take when optioning for open source.

Henry

Magento Community
Magento Community

purplemine

Total Posts:  143
London

Hi,

I have had the same problem and have tracked it down to the fact that the CCV expiry date and card number are not validating properly in IE7.

This is a massive bug and has stalled the launch of two sites so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cooca

Total Posts:  37

Same issue here, this is causing all sorts of hell for us.
Not only are we not getting business from some customers, but we are receiving complaints from people who CANT buy from us!

Incredible Varien, no question this needs a hotfix and fast!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sebastian G
Guru

Total Posts:  336

@Cooca: This is actually being discussed on this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/13271 with Purplemine and winterradio if you would like to join us smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cooca

Total Posts:  37

Thanks for the headsup, appreciate it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mike D.

Total Posts:  4

We came across the freezing issue, and it turned out that we were getting 404 on several images (background images) that didn’t exist. Be sure to check that you do not have any resources on the page that aren’t loading. Removing the references to the missing images solved the problem for us.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community