Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error when trying to export products

Tonitobleroni

Total Posts:  40

Hello,
I am just starting to use Magento and I want to make an csv file via Excel, to upload a product catalogue. I read one can export the added products, edit/fill the downloaded file and import products subsequently. I added two test products for this purpose. However, when I try to export products, I get the following error:

* Starting profile execution, please wait…
* Warning: Please don’t close window during importing/exporting data

* Starting Mage_Catalog_Model_Convert_Adapter_Product :: load
* Loaded 2 records
* Starting Mage_Catalog_Model_Convert_Parser_Product :: unparse
* Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Mapper_Column :: map
* Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv :: unparse
* Error write to file batch_5.tmp
* Finished profile execution.

The digit behind batch_ (in this case 5) changes everytime I try -> 1,2,3 etc.

As there was no folder in the folder ‘var’ called ‘export’, I created one and chmodded it to 777. This didn’t help though.
Thanks in advance!

BTW: The same problem occurs when I try to import a CSV file.
Please help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tonitobleroni

I like replying to myself wink
After a longer and more extensive search through this forum, I found a related topic. That helped me solve the main part of the problem. As soon as I filled in a value in the ‘SKU’ field in the profile wizard, the error disappeared.
I now experience a new problem (unexpected content in the CSV file), but I will search the forum first before requesting help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tonitobleroni

Tonitobleroni - 23 October 2008 05:30 AM

I like replying to myself wink
After a longer and more extensive search through this forum, I found a related topic. That helped me solve the main part of the problem. As soon as I filled in a value in the ‘SKU’ field in the profile wizard, the error disappeared.
I now experience a new problem (unexpected content in the CSV file), but I will search the forum first before requesting help.

Well, it seems I need help really.
As soon as I fil in an existing SKU in the profile wizard, I don’t get the batch-error. Nor when I fill in ‘1’.
If I fill in a SKU, there is no error, and a file called ‘export_all_products.csv’ is created in the var/export folder. But, when I open this file, it just shows an empty field with in the upper left cell: /home/beheer/domains/[mydomain]/public_html/var/tmp/batch_31.tmp
(and this var/tmp folder is empty).

Who can tell me how I can succesfully export the products I manually added to the catalogue?

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tonitobleroni

Herewith I end the discussion with myself. All problems I encountered are solved now. How? Safe Mode appeared to be in function. This is some setting hosts often use and empower. I asked my host to disable Safe Mode. The problem of this topic was solved, as well as other problems I encountered, such as with entering Downloader and uploading images. I hope this topic has been of some use for some of you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Murat_TR

Total Posts:  11

Thats great…

Here you ask and then you have to answer your question smile
It is a great platform for ecommerce but forum support is one of the worst among what i saw upto now.
Actually it is a bit complex to customize the product if you are not a good oop php coder.
And they dont provide enough support and documentation for programming side.

Actully it is not a genuine open source project otherwise how to make developers fortunes from the product????

If you want to have a working well customized magento powered website, you have to pay for technical assistance

Magento Community
Magento Community

fenixf

Total Posts:  35

Murat_TR - 05 November 2008 01:43 PM

Thats great…

Here you ask and then you have to answer your question smile
It is a great platform for ecommerce but forum support is one of the worst among what i saw upto now.
Actually it is a bit complex to customize the product if you are not a good oop php coder.
And they dont provide enough support and documentation for programming side.

Actully it is not a genuine open source project otherwise how to make developers fortunes from the product????

If you want to have a working well customized magento powered website, you have to pay for technical assistance

I must admit you have a good point there. It started so very well but the last months it looks like priorities of Varien have indeed changed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sweet Tooth

Total Posts:  121
Canada

I was getting this error while programatically invoking the Magento Dataflow profile from another script.  It turned out that the script was loading the wrong Magento Dataflow profile. That makes sense and it’s consistent with the findings of Tonitobleroni.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ex-novice

Total Posts:  2

I was able to go around this problem by clearing the data in

var/export

Magento Community
Magento Community

villocci

Total Posts:  11

@tonitobleroni
I’m very happy to know you solved your problem but i’m still having many problem with import of product.
In this moment i’m using a fresh one installation of magento 1.6.2 on xampp but when i try to use import export i receive many error.

do you know where i can disable th function about your solution?

regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

cleverzoeger

Total Posts:  30

maybe you could try this exporttool - easy to setup and generate flexible export files pvePlus

Magento Community
Magento Community

christinavick
Guru

Total Posts:  355

Hi,

You can have a look this thread to export product in magento http://lero9.co.nz/magento-tips/how-to-export-your-magento-product-database-using-using-magentos-importexport-dataflow-profiles/

Thanks

iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community