Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New Forums solution and/or VBulletin Import/Integration

john.steensen

Total Posts:  13

Hey all. My business is currently using vbulletin 4 for its CMS/Forums. As our market segment changes our marketing strategy including our web presence changes as well. We are developing a magento based solution, with our magento store as our home page.

However, we do have a large community on our forums and wish to integrate our forums into Magento. How can this be accomplished? A new forum solution is definately on the table, however we HAVE to be able to import the current forums, topics, posts, and user accounts.

I’d appreciate if anybody is aware of any solid solutions. Thanks so much,

John Steensen

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Martin
Guru

Total Posts:  445
Brno | London | Los Angeles

Hi John,

check out this extension: vBulletin Integration - you can obviously integrate VBulletin with Magento, so it shouldn’t be such problem to move all your forum content over to your new Magento store ...

Martin

Magento Community
Magento Community

john.steensen

I actually checked with the devloper of that module, and they only support through VBulletin 3.8, not 4 yet, and they are just looking at adding support for 4 so it’s a ways off.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Martin
Guru

Than I guess its a matter of some custom development - I would suggest you to check back the developer and request the module upgrade as custom development work ...

Obviously, there are other Magento forum modules, so you could just check the others too, but I think the above mentioned way is the best in your case ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

john.steensen

I must be a little off this morning, as I cannot find any other forum solutions for magento, even by a search. Any advice on which ones are out there?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Martin
Guru

- Wexto Forum Lite
- Wexto Forum Advanced
- Simple Forum

Magento Community
Magento Community

john.steensen

Martin,

Thanks so much for all your helpful replies. Gives me a direction to run with this. Thanks you.

Sincerely,

John Steensen

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hi all,

Thought you would like to know that our vBulletin Integration extension is finally compatible with Magento 1.4.1.1. and vBulletin 4.0.x.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community