Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Own Module: Custom Form Field, Multiple Table Rate Extension

lukepower2

Total Posts:  2

Hi guys,

I’m trying to code a shipping extension for Magento, something like the “Table Rate” one, but with multiple types of service. I got to a relatively good point for now, but I have trouble in the backend. What I’m trying to do is to resemble the function that the original Code does - let you download a .CSV file where you can put the data, and then upload it again to the database.
I found out that in
/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Form/Field/Export.php
we find the code that puts the “Export” button in the backend, with the corresponding code which creates the link to the download. Now, this is hard-coded to point to a function specific to “tablerate”.
I wonder if there is a way to add my own “Export” button, specific to my extension (thus pointing to my own download procedure). Somebody knows if I can put it somewhere within my extension’s directory?
Of course there are a few more files, for example app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/ConfigController.php and quite a few more.

I’d be very grateful for any hint or input.

Cheers from Italy

Lukas

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community