Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[ RESOLVED ] Image upload failing - get ‘Unable to list current working directory’ message

zoooj

Total Posts:  34
London, United Kingdom

I’ve spent most of the evening trying to get the image uploader working on both the dev and live versions of magento I have. The problem is that although I can upload an image and it goes into the media/catalog/product/tmp/ directory, it then doesn’t get copied across to the media/catalog/ directory. In Admin I can browse and upload the file then roll over the image to see it but once I ‘Save’ or ‘Save and continue’ I get an error message at the top saying ‘Unable to list current working directory.’ and the image has disappeared.

Everything is screaming at me that it’s a permission problem so I’ve changed permissions recursively to 777 on the entire media directory. I’ve uninstalled Flash 10 and tried Flash 9. I’ve checked for various elements in my .htaccess file in the magento root that others suggest all to no avail.

The only thing I haven’t done is made a change to mod_security in the httpd.include file as I didn’t want to break anything. This was recommended by one person on the magento boards. I have emailed my hosts at NuBlue who have been really supportive so far with my VPS. Hopefully, they’ll get back to me tomorrow about this.

Has anyone any idea what might be the issue? This is a 1.2.0.1 installation running PHP as an Apache module. The VPS is new and hasn’t been hacked!

I’m at a bit of a loss at the moment so any help gratefully received.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

zoooj

London, United Kingdom

What needed doing was:

1. Reset owner of all files
2. Reset permissions of all files
3. Run pear mage setup
4. Clear cache

Job done. Thanks to the NuBlue guys for helping out with this one for me. I’d done 1, 2 and 4 but missed 3. I’m not entirely sure what it does but know it’s part of the setup/upgrade/migration process.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zoooj

London, United Kingdom

DELETE - captcha problem but still posted ... grrr

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community