Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Groupon

bonucci

Total Posts:  4

Hi guy, can anybody tell me where i can find a plugin or sone example template where i can maybe start building a groupon website like “GrouponClone”
Can i have any help?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

XinSynergy

Total Posts:  19
Singapore

Hi we have developed a group buy extension for Magento 1.4x, check it out at http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/porschegtr/extension/5497/great_deals_group_buying_extension

bonucci - 01 November 2010 03:14 PM

Hi guy, can anybody tell me where i can find a plugin or sone example template where i can maybe start building a groupon website like “GrouponClone”
Can i have any help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

aheadWorks
Guru

Total Posts:  424

We have just released our new Group deals Magento extension that works with Magento 1.4-1.6

Among its main features are:

Unlimited number of deals
Separate blocks for category and product pages
Four deal types
Email notifications sent to customers and admin about\
Coupons auto-generation
Ability to bind coupon to a certain product
Personalize your deals by configuring
Ability to schedule deals to be run automatically
Ability to specify maximum allowed purchases
Ability to insert any deal via CMS
Ability to configure each deal type
Ability to change coupon code status manually
Deal overview
Sort order for deal types tabs
Ability for customers to print coupons
Ability for customers to view deals
Main product types support (except bundled products, grouped, and gift cards)
Complete multistore support

and much more. Continue reading about Groupon Clone for Magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

adolmedia

Total Posts:  16

there is an ready made extension for magento that does the purpose. you need not build it from scratch. Look at Daily Deals for Magento from Adolmedia. It provides you the complete functionality for dailydeals or groupon clone sites. If you need more information on building daily deal websites or a groupon clone, look at the article on how to build a daily deals or groupon clone site in Magento.  It will give you more insight on the topic

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magestore
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

Group Deal extension grants you the ability to create and manage group deals right on your site. With this extension, your store will be added full features of a Group deal: information, image, countdown timer…. The deal auto-deducts money when the number of buyers is reached and you are totally possible to configure to run as Hot deal, Daily deal.

General Features:
- Deal items will be fully shown on Deal page, allowing customers to simply recognize great deals in your web-store.
- Allow customers ]filter list of deals according to category.
- Enable to show Latest Deals block in the right sidebar.
- Featured Deal: customers can set 1 Deal as a featured product and let it display on List deal page.
- Each deal is provided with description, detail, time left to buy or how many people are joining; therefore, customers are able to know obviously and make the utmost decision in the earliest way.
- Integrated popular social share including Facebook, Tweet and G+ to boost sales through friends ‘channel’.
- Allow customers who received coupon code of purchased deal to gain all of products listed in that deal.
And others.

It is very easy to discover functions of this extension through this Demo:
Front-end: http://demo-extension.magestore.com/sandbox/groupdeal/index.php/groupdeal
Back-end: http://demo-extension.magestore.com/sandbox/groupdeal/index.php/admin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community