Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
xSilva Lightspeed & Magento

Vampal

Total Posts:  37

me tooo

stonemenswear - 26 June 2011 11:24 PM

I am also very interested, I would need to test / demo but would definately contribute / buy..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

doog78

Total Posts:  16

Hmm I think my advice would be to look elsewhere if you want to sync… Although the actual pos side of LS is very good.

I started 1 shop on checkoutapp way back when it was a sofa product (I think it got bought by MYOB) and the support just died, so, we switched to Xsilva Lightspeed and they promised us an imminent api release, think that was about 2 years ago now.....

I now have a store running Erply point of sale, it has a module for magento (we are on 1.5.0.1) it is a little buggy and doesn\’t seem to be supported that brilliantly although they do try (I think they have been surprised by their popularity). We are debugging it to get it running a bit better.

Another option I would consider is using Vend and the connector extension by fooman. As you can tell i\’m favouring saas systems.

This is just my opinions based on having had to live with them in bike shops (lightspeed) and a toyshop (erply) setup.

They all work on mac wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

magicpaul

Total Posts:  36
London, UK

What version of Lightspeed were you running?

I’m keen to hear a little more about your experience, as from my discussions with them the integration sounds to be pretty solid.

However obviously I have never used it… I’m just going off what I have been told…

Magento Community
Magento Community

doog78

magicpaul - 27 October 2011 03:53 AM

What version of Lightspeed were you running?

I believe the LS version was 2.9. I realise they now have a new version on a different database (postgresql) which is a little more promising in my opinion, but, until they actually release an api it is all fairly irrelevant.

magicpaul - 27 October 2011 03:53 AM

I’m keen to hear a little more about your experience, as from my discussions with them the integration sounds to be pretty solid.

I am assuming you mean Erply, as there isn’t any lightspeed integration (as far as I know)? Last I heard regarding erply is that their developer is completely rewriting the module, so, we have left it alone for the time being (we were planning and hiring a developer to fix their old module). If this doesn’t happen soon, we will just go ahead and try foomans offering with Vend.

Magento Community
Magento Community

doog78

doog78 - 08 November 2011 03:16 AM

I am assuming you mean Erply, as there isn’t any lightspeed integration (as far as I know)?

My bad, should have checked their website. Hats off to lightspeed, it seems they have released the api and a magento web store option.
lightspeed announcement post

bit pricey at $899, but, if it works as well as lightspeed itself it is probably worth it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tacnac

Total Posts:  1

Is anyone using the Magento connector? Does it work well? Is it easy to configure?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

wellgosh

Total Posts:  3

I’ve started using the Lightspeed Connector.  So far, I’ve found it a struggle.  Today I’m trying to figure out why it doesn’t respect my Lightspeed matrixes.

My list of concern topics:

- Manufacturer
- Tax inclusive pricing
- Attribute matrixs

Not a huge list I guess, now that its running.  Error messages on Lightspeed uploader are useless.  For example, it will error if you don’t have a short description in one of your Web products - but the error is ‘Task failed to complete successfully’ - thats shit and so far, its taken me weeks to get as far as I have - which is a jumbled mess of products with and without sizes, that get tax added to their tax inclusive prices.

I’ve gonna say, Magento configuration is very impressive.

Oh, and I’ve taken to working at night because Lightspeed POS crashes when I do big exports or uploads - hopefully this won’t happen so much when I install the 16gb of ram I just ordered.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JaminT

Total Posts:  3

Hi!
How you have found the integration so far? We are in the process of deciding whether to move to Lightspeed and a lot of this decision depends on whether Lightspeed integrates well with Magento? Some of the things that has worried me so far are:
- No way to set discounted prices in Lightspeed (i.e. Was/Now prices for sale items on the web)
- No loyalty points feature
- Limited Matrix (only size/colour available)

I would be very grateful if you (or anyone else reading this) could let me know your thoughts on Lightspeed and Magento and how the integration is working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

inventorysoft

Total Posts:  10

The more systems that integrate with Magento like Silva Lightspeed the better. Another excellent back-end intregration I’ve seen is Web Ninja, a customized e-commerce solutions that expands of Magento’s functionality. Has anyone had success in integrating Silva Lightspeed and Magento? I’d love to hear about it as it’s something our business has considered.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mattro53

Total Posts:  2

The Lightspeed connector is highly unstable, especially if you deal with configurable products. I have experienced multiple issues, I would not recommend this route for anyone. Also lightspeed will not support any magento version past 1.5, they have not indicated that this is something they will be doing in the future.

Magento Community
Magento Community

liamjj

Yo mattro53…

They have more than indicated, LIGHTSPEED POS blatantly state on their website…

“Q: Will LightSpeed support future versions of Magento products?

A: LightSpeed will manage releases to ensure future versions of Magento are supported whenever possible.”

See the attached .jpg too, They still very much advertise integration of lightspeed and magento on the site, you have to read the small print to find out that you can only use outdated versions of the products to do so!

So if ”LightSpeed will manage releases” then how come they have not managed to keep it up-to-date? Can they not manage?!

We would love the updated link, we use both of these systems BECAUSE they were supposed to work well together, NOW we have to use them separately… we could have chosen any number of combinations of products for web and retail checkout solutions if we knew this was the case : (

Image Attachments
MAGENTO-LIGHTSPEED.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

ja1nsa

Not sure where this discussion has gotten to, but I am looking to use Magneto with Lightspeed. Issue 1 is my Lightspeed app is requesting Server address. Any ideas? I have a demo account only on Magneto Go at present.

Cheers
J.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rgreener

has anyone succesfully integrated Lightspeed and most recent Magento and care to share the results?  thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kostad

Total Posts:  5

I have been using Magento with lightspeed since the beginning and recently upgraded to the newer 1.7ce version of magento

As a straight forward bare bone products commerce site its fine but there are limitations
Limited to about 8 fields.
I would love to see the option have multiple categories for products and also have the manufacturer included in the field set, I\\\’m sure there is a reason for this .. but still frustrating to me as I have to manually make changes every time.

http://www.lightspeedretail.com/support/lightspeed-mac/which-product-attributes-in-lightspeed-correspond-to-those-in-magento/

As an alternative to lightspeed webstore I would strongly recommend magento over Webstore any day
Magento has far more to offer

I have purchased webstore from lightspeed and was very very disappointed
I have to also mention that I LOVE Lightspeed .. great product and good support.

www.illie.com.au
Still working on my site of course this is working with lightspeed

Image Attachments
magento1.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

grahamfleming

Currently tryng to connect lightspeed to magento

Have followed all the steps on

http://www.lightspeedretail.com/support/lightspeed-ecommerce/lightspeed-connector-for-magento-setup-guide/

getting a “cannot connect magento server” on the lightspeed POS

currently using magento 1.7.0.2

should I use an older version?

has anyone got this thing too work?? its advertised all over the lightspeed website.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3