Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
xSilva Lightspeed & Magento

w4yward

Total Posts:  35

Has anyone been able to build or buy a data bridge for xSilva Lightspeed & Magento?

xSilva Lightspeed is the biggest and arguable most complete POS solution for the Mac platform. We’ve been using it for two years now. They have their own web solution but it pales next to what magento can do. I am about to put an ad up for a developer in the Magento Job Boards but I thought I’d ask if anyone has tackled this before. Who was your developer? Did it work? How did you make it work?

We are looking for something to keep the inventory in sync one a day. Ideally customer data also. If someone has already built this I would love to license it from you.

Thanks,
-Wayman

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

Might aswell save you the trouble on this one.

The latest version of LS with a postgres database can be accessed by Magento to update. Anything before 1.3 cannot.

I currently have Magento working with stock sync to CheckoutApp, but will be looking later on this year to get Magento working with LS.

Currently there is 1 LS - Magento module, but it requires you to have a working and pay for a LS website database and its pretty much useless.

Apart from that though, there currently isn’t a viable solution for LS - Mage connection.

Magento Community
Magento Community

w4yward

Total Posts:  35

Thanks for the heads up elfing.

The Postgres database change was a big move for xsilva. Much more accessible.

Are you developer? I’ll definitely chip in to move that development ahead. We are migrating our stores from Mediatemple to SimpleHelix right now. 6 year MT customer but the performance with magento is inexcusable. Hopefully we’ll have a sync solution by the end of the year.

Thanks,
-Wayman
http://TheCylinderShop.com
http://WaymanPilotSupplies.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

fragrances

Total Posts:  37

Would definitely be interested in this also.

The web stores for these POS systems are so ‘basic’ it is ridiculous. They would make a hell of a lot more money if they sold a module to integrate to Magento than they would to get people to buy their web store platforms.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BreedFavorites

Total Posts:  1

We would be interested in a module for LS as well.  There is a post in the Xsilva forums that references a Lightspeed Magneto module.  It looks like you still have to purchase their webstore to get it to work.  I haven’t tried this yet, but will ask around the other forum to see what the results look like.  http://code.google.com/p/lightspeedmagento/

Magento Community
Magento Community

fragrances

After getting in touch with Xsilva over the last few days, I have discovered that there is an API kit for LightSpeed that is currently being actively developed. However, Xsilva are not sure when this will be released.

I too have read on their forum that there is a mod for the webstore version but after trying to contact the author and not receiving a response as yet and also no one on the forum seems to be successfully using the mod with the webstore.

I have put a feature request in with Xsilva. Maybe a few others who are interested could do the same. If the API kit was made available, it would be a lot easier to get an extension developed for this platform without the cost and headache of purchasing a web store that you won\’t use.

I would also be interested in putting money towards the development of this extension.

As for the checkout POS system, after speaking to their customer service people, there is no way I would even contemplate touching this platform. They were curt and unhelpful and I am still awaiting a response to my last email. Xsilva on the other hand were fantastic. Their customer service was exceptional and they contacted me back quickly and the information provided was fantastic. My decision has been made. I just need to get their program to integrate with Magento now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Xsilva were not interested in any of this on the multiple times we have contacted them. So don’t believe anything in terms of an api, the thread on the Xsilva forum is 3 years old, yep are also Checkout POS are very unhelpful, but there is developed extension that links directly with the database.

You are correct that you require to purchase the Xsilva webstore in order to get the module to work, which in all honesty is quite pointless.

Development at present has been haulted on this project for us due to serial problems.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fragrances

elfling - 14 November 2010 05:55 AM

Xsilva were not interested in any of this on the multiple times we have contacted them. So don’t believe anything in terms of an api, the thread on the Xsilva forum is 3 years old,

Was not only Xsilva that confirmed their is an API, it was also resellers here in Australia. You are correct, the thread is 3 years old, but there are posts in there from this year. As I said, I am not interested in using this free extension for Lightspeed as it currently requires you to purchase web store which is a waste of time and effort for something that is not even able to be confirmed that it is working.

yep are also Checkout POS are very unhelpful, but there is developed extension that links directly with the database.

Unhelpful is an understatement. They lost me with their attitude and responses to my polite enquiry.

You are correct that you require to purchase the Xsilva webstore in order to get the module to work, which in all honesty is quite pointless.

Development at present has been haulted on this project for us due to serial problems.

Which project? The Lightspeed or Checkout project..??

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Lightspeed
Sorry for lack of detail, always in a rush.

Magento Community
Magento Community

metro198

Hi Guys I too am looking for some lightspeed/magento integration
Please i currently use lightspeed webstore IT IS RUBBISH my sales have Hit rock bottom
i want to transfer my lightspeed data to Magento Go ASAP
Magento’s hosted solution
please help
www.metroproducts.com.au

Magento Community
Magento Community

kostad

Total Posts:  5

Are you still keen on an Webstore / magento site ?

I am almost there now .. just a couple of things i need to do then it should be mostly useable. I have put in a fair bit of money with a developer now that has been working on it.  If any one wants to throw in just a few more dollars I am very confident in getting this up and running VERY shortly.

Just post back here

Be aware you WILL need to have the webstore module for lightspeed so you have the MYSQL Db.

Currently :

Product web enabled imports OK or ALL products import
The Product Master with child works okay
Inventory is based on Lightspeed Inventory or Magento / Optional .  base module is Vistec
Cronjob to update to what ever frequency you need.
Stock is removed from site when lightspeed updates the magento db to what ever inventory levels you specify.

I had issues with Master / Child attributes functioning correctly but that is almost 100% ready.

Regards

Kosta D
Australia

Magento Community
Magento Community

stonemenswear

I am also very interested, I would need to test / demo but would definately contribute / buy..

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

I take it this free extension is nothing to do with yours then

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/LightSpeed/extension/7094/lightspeed_connector

To be honest, I thought the whole point was to get away from having to purchase the lightspeed webshop.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kostad

Total Posts:  5

YES I AM ALL FOR that being free .. !!

If you noticed the dates then you would have noticed that I had this module under way because THERE WAS NOTHING HAPPENING !!

And .... well lightspeed seem to have finally released an API which I am very happy about .

So ..... that is great news !!
I will try it now ..

Has anyone used it yet ?
I installed it and can’t work out how to connect Lightspeed to magento?
if any one could please help that would be GRTEAT !!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shepstar

Total Posts:  142

Hello elfling,

I also use the Checkout app and Magento but until know I type in everything by hand because I can’t get anything to work. Is there an extension or how do you connect checkout and magento?

Is it easy or do you have to be a developer to get it going and can you import/export products and import order from magento to checkout.

Would be great if you could let me know
thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

esklein

Total Posts:  3

I am in the process of building a more complete, and real-time inventory integration with Checkout POS.

It’s currently in beta testing and can be located here https://github.com/esklein/magentout. It’s been developed in Java. I currently have it working with a medium size retail store running Checkout POS.

If anyone is interested in exploring this option for their store feel free to reach out to me at Evan@esitsolutions.com

Thanks,
EVan

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3