Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Overnight everything has gone pear shaped with adding products and images - why? 

Wyrdsister

Total Posts:  9

Yesterday all was fine but today when I try and add an image to a product the “browse files” and “upload files” buttons do nothing - I have a message saying “image type and information needs to be specified for store view.”
I went into the configuration and saw i was in default config - I switched it to my store view but still had the same problem - then I went back to configuration and it had put me back into the default configuration - It does this as soon as I navigate away from the system configuration page I don’t know if that’s meant to happen.

Next I uploaded some products via CSV as I have been doing all along and although the frontends states the products are there - i can’t see them!!

i don’t have the store view selector box option on my other admin pages - this is driving me mad - what is going on - nothing has changed since yesterday!!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

smerth

Total Posts:  5

I am a complete newbie so I don’t know if this helps but for the last three days the browse and upload buttons have not worked on the product config page… i read on the forums that you should uninstall adobe flash 10 and install adboe flash 9.  i did that and now I was able to upload pictures and can see them on the front end.

I also have the message “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view. “ even when I choose a store view and even though the upload seems to work now.  i don’t have a fix for that.  Lots of people posting - no clear answer.

Hope the flash thing helps…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community