Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SSL issue

casweb

Total Posts:  2

HI folks, new to magento so please be gentle!

i accidentally altered part of the url for secure access in the backend settings for my site, now i’m struggling to change them!

Can someone point me in the direction of the file that holds this info so that i can change it manually without having to reinstall?!

Cheers
Chris

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

flowstack

Total Posts:  159
London, United Kingdom

Hi Chris,

The url paths for Magento are stored in the database in the ‘core_config_data’ table with ‘oath’ values ‘web/unsecure/base_url’ and ‘web/secure/base_url’.

To change them, you need to edit your database, either using an application like phpMyAdmin (most hosts offer this) or via the mysql command line. Simple enter your correct url in there and save. Then refresh the cache.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community