Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installation error

sudheerkumar.battula@gmail.com

Total Posts:  7
Hyderabad

just know i installed MAGENTO, every thing is up and running but, once i open the store nothing is there, no products no categories...etc, now i have a question like once we installed megento will it automatically populates data or not...am i did any thing wrong which effected the database part…

and while adding a new category it throwing an error like SQL STATE(HY000): General error: 1366 incorrect integer value: “for column” entity_id at row 1

kindly help me to come out of it if possibel send me the database backup file…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

miked2004

Total Posts:  214
Atlanta, Georgia

Hey, I had a similar question about the home page not displaying any catagories and products. The older version had two different downloads, one with database info already and one with out. I have a new version that had no database info come with it. I am not sure if the new version has a download with a database with info allready.
Hope this answered your question.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

The new version does not include product data. We are working on an import archive which you can use to populate the database - this will be available soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community