Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Make the ‘sign up to newsletter’ work in wordpress

juicylucy

Total Posts:  12

Hi,

I have a store and a blog - the store is running on magento, the blog is on wordpress.

I want to have a sign up to newsletter box across the whole site, but if i copy and paste the source code from magento to the wordpress template file, it doesn\\\’t work.  This is a snippet of the code:

<form action=\\\"/newsletter/subscriber/new/\\\" method=\\\"post\\\" id=\\\"newsletter-validate-detail\\\">

<
div class=\\\"block-content\\\">
            <
label for=\\\"newsletter\\\">Subscribe to newsletter:</label>
            <
div class=\\\"input-box\\\">
               <
input type=\\\"text\\\" name=\\\"email\\\" id=\\\"newsletter\\\" title=\\\"Sign up for our newsletter\\\" class=\\\"input-text required-entry validate-email\\\" />
            </
div>

<
button type=\\\"submit\\\" title=\\\"Subscribe\\\" class=\\\"btn-subscribe\\\"><span>Subscribe</span></button>

</
div>
    </
form>

I don\\\’t know much about this stuff...but i\\\’m guessing its something to do with wordpress and magento using different databases??

I would really appreciate any guidance or just an indication of whether or not this is possible to do..

Thanks,

Lucy

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community