Magento Forum

Automatic license sales

huulbaek

Total Posts:  60

Hi Community,

I am setting up a shop for sales of licenses for software. I want the customer to only receive one e-mail after completing payment: Delivery of license for product with instructions for installing the product.

Usually, I do this by making a table that contains all the licenses seperated by linebreaks, for each product. When a customer orders, I take the next license available and remove it from the table. And so on. Then the license code is inserted in the mail the customer receives after purchase. I imagine I would have to use the same approach in Magento.

So… I am quite new to Magento. Where would be the best place to implement the necessary changes to the code?

Could it be done in an order email template?

Also, I use a SOAP implementation for connecting to my accounting system and creating the order there for invoicing later. I guess this should be implemented the same place.

Any help / pointers much appreciated!

Best regards,
Thomas

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

huulbaek

Total Posts:  60

Well, to follow up on myself, I haven’t gotten much further.

Is the best option (if it is an option) to make an attribute for the products that is of the type text and contains the licenses as described?

If so, how would I go about assigning these licenses to the products on the orders when paid?

Help is still much appreciated! wink

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community