Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

simple product custom options

ichibanamazon

Total Posts:  4

Hi guys

This has been troubling me for a long time. I would like to create a custom product option to apply to multiple products.
I am trying to create a template to apply just to my “rings” I have over 100 different types of rings with different materials and gemstones. I just need a custom product option for ring size from “E-U1/2” that will be a pain to create a product options.

Is there a free or low cost way to add these to multiple products?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jwebber

Total Posts:  67
Elkhart, Indiana

The only way we have found to easily do this is the Custom Options Template extension from Aitoc: http://www.aitoc.com/en/magentomods_custom_options_templates.html

$79 and it works really well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ichibanamazon

I saw that but I really cannot afford that. Is it possible to create something like that with an attribute set? When I create an attribute set I have to create it in the bank end and not the front store. I just need the sellers to choose their ring size.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jwebber

Total Posts:  67
Elkhart, Indiana

Honestly for what that extension offers, $79 is really cheap. If you are going to run a profitable store, you will have to make some small investments in these types of extensions.

There is really no way to easily create custom option templates without that extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ichibanamazon

I understand that, just starting out is tough I can admit that. I will do my best to implement something until I can afford that extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ichibanamazon

this really sucks are there no free options to create something like this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community