Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

My Absolute magento template does not completely look like its demo

theperfectstore

Total Posts:  24

Hi all!

I successfully installed the Absolute magento template but I have a slight problem. I am a beginner so this might sounds too foolish - the outcome looks a bit different from the demo version.

I could not get the slide on top of the footer to show. It only appears like a what line. Secondly, part of the default theme is showing up in the front where products are arranges in 2 rows and 4 columns. I have reinstall more that three times now. Is it my error or something wrong with my other templates?

Please see the attached image. I circles the confusing parts.

Image Attachments
printscreen.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

prateekgupta
Guru

Total Posts:  541
India

Have you installed the template correctly. have you followed all the steps correctly because it seems that the template is not correctly installed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Do you have a link to the site this is installed on?

Magento Community
Magento Community

theperfectstore

Dear all

Thank you for all your responses. I was able to resolve the lower part of the site. I discovered that I did not set the \"featured\" attributes properly. I did and its working. However the center part remains unchanged. I am still struggling to resolve it to make it look like that of the demo. That is my first option.

I won\’t however, mind leaving it there though, if only I could increase the relevant widths to match that of the slider at the top. This is my second option. Please see my site at http://theperfectedstore.com/

Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

J77J

Total Posts:  18

Hi theperfectstore,

I’m having the exact same problem re-the featured products.

What was it you did to remedy this?

thanks in advance..

Magento Community
Magento Community

theperfectstore

J77J - 29 October 2010 01:31 AM

Hi theperfectstore,

thanks in advance..

Magento Community
Magento Community

theperfectstore

[size=3]

theperfectstore - 29 October 2010 05:13 AM

J77J - 29 October 2010 01:31 AM
Hi theperfectstore,

thanks in advance..

[size=4]Hi. You need to know how to create, manage and set attributes. You can view this links: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/modules_reference/english/mage_adminhtml/catalog_product_attribute/index or http://www.magentocommerce.com/media/screencasts/creating-and-managing-attributes/view

Then follow the steps below from the installation package. I added my own comments in italics.

1. Go to Catalog -> Attributes -> Manage Attributes: create attribute ‘featured’(visible: no; input_type: yes/no; use in search: no, comparable: no) (I think this is easy if you have visited the links above).

2. Go to Catalog->Attributes->Manage Attribute Sets: add this attribute to your attribute set (For start, just look for DEFAULT and edit it in the list. Here you will see two different lists. One for pre-assigned attributes and the other for unassigned ones - the FEATURED you created should be in the unassigned group. Drag FEATURED into the list of Assigned Attributes. You can put it anywhere among the attributes in the GENERAL category of the assigned lists. When you have done this, it means that FEATURED is now one of the selection you will make in adding a product).

3. Go to product categories and look for all that are assigned to the DEFAULT Attribute Set. Open each one and you will see FEATURED option under the General Tab for setting up a product. Pick YES from the drop-down to make the product show up on the homepage.
That’s all!

I am still trying to figure out the other area so I can’t help with that.

Cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

Do you have a link to the demo so I can see what you’re trying to accomplish?

Magento Community
Magento Community

theperfectstore

sherrie - 29 October 2010 05:57 AM

Do you have a link to the demo so I can see what you’re trying to accomplish?

Here is the link to my website: http://theperfectedstore.com/index.php/

I resolved the issue of the Featured Products but I still have some of the default template showing in the middle.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

Did you check your home cms page as well as the layout for that page? There are quite a few defaults built in that may be effecting things. To be honest without a link to what you’re trying to accomplish I’m not really sure what you’re referring to.

Magento Community
Magento Community

theperfectstore

Here is my web address: Here is the my website link: http://theperfectedstore.com/index.php/
Thank you for your help.

@ sherrie, I have PM it to you directly also.

Oh. I get it now: This is the demo link: http://freedemo.templates-master.com/f001/

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

Okay, yeah you need to edit your cms home page. Go to your admin and go to CMS --> Pages and then click on the Home Page. Delete out any content you don’t want and then click on the Layout tab and delete, or comment, out everything except the new products line. You’ll also want to change it to 2 columns, right instead of 3.

Magento Community
Magento Community

theperfectstore

Thanks all, I have sorted it out.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community