Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

404 Not Found

JimmyS

Total Posts:  11

Address /magento/install/
The requested URL /w0600/d30/s25/b02cb3c2/www/magento/index.php was not found on this server.
any ideas what the problem could be?
Thank you
Regards,
JS

Image Attachments
404 Not Found.GIF

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi JimmyS,

Could you please make sure that you do have index.php file in your magento directory on the server ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JimmyS

Total Posts:  11

Hi, Michael
Yes, Index.php already in folder magento (see attachment). I’ve copy folder magento (extract from magento-0.6.14100.zip) to my web folder /www. And I’ve already follow-up instruction to set 777 for folder magento.
What’s I miss something? or What’s step by step I can do?
Thank you.
Regards,
Jimmy

FYI
I used Filezilla to copy folder magento.

Image Attachments
MyExplorer_Magento.GIF

Magento Community
Magento Community

till

Total Posts:  58

No mod_rewrite!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Deivid

Total Posts:  15

till - 18 December 2007 11:22 AM

No mod_rewrite!

I also got this error when attempting to start the installation a minute ago. The mod rewrite in /magento/.htaccess are just as they should be. At least I think so. I have the rewrite “#RewriteBase /store/magento/” which is the proper path to my Magento files. Everything should be in order but still I get this silly error which I shouldn’t be getting in the first place.

I’m no developer but could this have something to do with the name of the MySql database? I created a database (via cPanel) named “magento1” and a user named “magento1” to which I granted All Privileges. Did I forget to do something important here? Do I need to include the password for the magento1 database somewhere?

Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

I have the rewrite “#RewriteBase /store/magento/” which is the proper path to my Magento files.

that pound sign means its commented out. and mod_rewrite is not something thats just packaged within .htaccess. your hosts server has to have the mod installed. just run a simple phpinfo script to see if it is.

and although it doesnt seem like it has anything to do with your error, yes you generally do need a password to your mysql db. it shouldn’t have only given you a username.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Deivid

Total Posts:  15

iblastoff - 19 December 2007 12:06 AM

I have the rewrite “#RewriteBase /store/magento/” which is the proper path to my Magento files.

that pound sign means its commented out. and mod_rewrite is not something thats just packaged within .htaccess. your hosts server has to have the mod installed. just run a simple phpinfo script to see if it is.

and although it doesnt seem like it has anything to do with your error, yes you generally do need a password to your mysql db. it shouldn’t have only given you a username.

Sure I got a password for the database. I just don’t know where to put it… In any case, I just tried a simple phpinfo script and got the following message;

Warning: phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons in /html/store/magento/phpinfo.php on line 18

So I assume my host provider has not enabled mod_rewrite?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community