Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Separating image upload from Magento functionality

franck

Total Posts:  1

Hello
I have followed magento since the first announcement but didn’t had the time to really experiment with it. I’m evaluating magento right now before migring already in production website to a new frontend/backend solution in order to manage front catalog, shopping cart and marketing.

I’m very impressed by magento backend but for what i’ve seen now there is still parts that appears illogic in the way it’s architectured and dependant from database (form my ego point of view wink, like strange directory installation, very hard maintenability from local db to distant db, poor loose coupling with core api + zend (why can’t have my own zend + mage + javascript lib shared by N magento sites each depending on their own db ???) , and the most annoying of all, photo management or to be more clear photo association…

Do you one of us think it’s possible to extends magento functionnality to make something like that :

a product = model + sku + product description, caracteristics, attributes, pricing, shipping + total photos

I don’t want any process that convert my photos, I just want to find a way to configure my templates or shop config to link photo sets to sku with a common pattern url, cause i also want to know the photos url in other websites or in our intranet sale management soft…

For example patterns urls could be like that : 

photo_prefix http://photos.myshop.com/photos/

photo_thumb photo_prefix model name + /(increment depending on the total photos amount) + sku +_thumb.jpg

photo_small 
photo_prefix model name + / (increment depending on the total photos amount) + sku +_small.jpg

photo_big 
photo_prefix model name + /(increment depending on the total photos amount)  + sku +_big.jpg

Do you think the better way is to write a new module, to hack some parts of core code + database like you do ?

Do you think it’s relevant for some other of us or are we really a few within the same questions ???

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

abakkook

Total Posts:  28

I can see that this works for the base image, small image, and thumbnail.  How could you make this work with multiple images?  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kaspart

Total Posts:  44
Atlanta, GA

Has anyone done this change to work with the multiple pictures in version 1.3.2.1

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rousie

Total Posts:  58

Bump for this one, as im going to try this myself on another store of mine grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rousie

Total Posts:  58

Just done this, and although the boxes for the images have now gone to text boxes, i receieve this message when logging into Admin

“#media_gallery_content-image-0 .cell-each input”

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Simpel78

Total Posts:  2

#media_gallery_content-image-0 .cell-each input for me also.

I see the link in the backoffice. But no picture shows in front.

Does anyone got a solution for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

9gweb

Total Posts:  2

Hi,
I am also facing a problem i am building this site where we need to import 7000 odd products to the website the URLs are from HTTP URL. Now there is no error message but the folder media.import/ is empty. Do not understand as have tried most of the things.Please solve my issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

unexpectedly

Total Posts:  68

Does anyone know of different ways or a plug-in / extension to provide this functionality?

Seems there’s a bit of impact on the rest of the system… I promised myself not to hack this installation. :D

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2