Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento on Windows Azure??? 

marcinsa

Total Posts:  1

Has anyone tried to install/ deploy magento on Windows Azure? Is it possible?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chipe88

Hoping to try this out with the new Azure websites! Will let you know how progress goes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stardrama

Totally agree with your suggestion… Very nice post and good information here… Thanks for posting that....

Star Plus Dramas

Magento Community
Magento Community

hatrickwah

Total Posts:  5

I have attempted this.  If I hadn’t been moving the store, I may have stayed, the install went with no problems that I recall. The problem was (IMO) that the hosting was a little slow on PHP as a result of IIS hosting.  I instead went the route of a virtual server on Azure running Windows Server 2012 (easy for me to setup, and backup) and its runs great on the base plan with a shared processor.  I don’t recommend the virtual server unless you are familiar with setting a server up however.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cotega

I have been able to get Magento Community to install to an Azure VMRole.  I have not tried it on an Azure Website yet either.  For myself, I simply did a remote desktop into the VMRole and installed XAMPP (PHP, MySQL, Apache Server) along with Magento and everything just worked.  My VMRole was a Medium sized and this seemed to be plenty although you might be able to get by with a small VMRole.  If you get stuck, let me know and I can try to give you some pointers (Liam <AT> Cotega <DOT> com). 

@aishasahiba, Azure is a cloud computing platform from Microsoft (http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/).

Magento Community
Magento Community

ayazkhan111

Please, anyone help me for Magento website with some issues.

ZiiPTV

Image Attachments
logo.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

magneto800

Total Posts:  60

Got this info. Really good one and hope this can help.

http://ossonazure.interoperabilitybridges.com/articles/how-to-deploy-magento-on-windows-azure

Magento Community
Magento Community

altaiar

I have installed it on Azure websites and I have put a blog post to show step-by-step tutorial on how it can be done. Here is the link

http://www.hasaltaiar.com.au/how-to-install-magento-on-azure-websites/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community