Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

No input file specified. - Index.php File

ColePatrol

Total Posts:  2

I am running a Godaddy Virutal Server. I installed Magento with the CGI workaround because the extensions were giving me problems. So installed fine now when i goto my website Magento shows up fine but when i goto lets say “About Us” then click the “Home” link i get “No input file specified.”. This seems like a index.php issue, i made all the changes in .htaccess and php.ini. Whats gives please help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

morgan77

Total Posts:  1

Have you tried turning on web server rewrites in the administration

system > configuration > web > seo > use web server rewrites = yes

That fixed it for me and also got rid of index.php in the url smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/error/no_input_file_specified

Magento Community
Magento Community

tperkins

Total Posts:  10

morgan77 - 05 November 2008 02:05 PM

Have you tried turning on web server rewrites in the administration

system > configuration > web > seo > use web server rewrites = yes

This fixed it for me and also got rid of index.php in the url smile

This worked perfectly for me, thank you, not to mention it got rid of index.php which is even better.

The other solution involving editing php.ini had no effect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rsingh

Total Posts:  11

hi friends,

I am also having “no input file specified” issue after doing changes specified in wiki URL http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/error/no_input_file_specified .

I did following changes:

1. In .htaccess, removed comment from “Options -MultiViews” and add subfolder in line “ RewriteBase /dev/” because I am trying to install magento in subfolder.

2. Created a file php5.ini and write cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1, I tried to rename that php.ini but no luck

I discussed with godaddy support and they claimed that this is magento issue. We are using magento 1.4.1.0. I know this is stable release and running fine on with ixwebhosting. I am fed up with godaddy but client has account with them :(.

I was researching in godaddy hosting control panel and when I go to settings > file extensions > php and edit that that then I see that it says PHP installed on Python2.2 not on Fastcgi. can this be issue?

Appreciate your help on this matter.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

As a variant, you can try the ready SEO extensions. For example check this one http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/advanced-seo-suite.html Advansed Seo Suite.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community