Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t view orders from sales/orders

stewartcandy

Total Posts:  3

When i click on sales/orders from top nav bar it goes to orders where i can view all of my orders but when i click on a specific order it just takes me to a blank screen. Nothing is there but the firefox says done.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

stewartcandy

Invoicing and all other functions are fine. It all worked fine yesterday and i didn’t make any changes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

What version are you running?
I’m in 1.1.6 and I see an order when I click on it, but no invoice or anything else.  I am beginning to think that the definition of “order” and “sale” is not the same. What I have under “Sales/Orders” are my 3 test orders that did not actually transfer any money, so they are still Pending. So my “Reports/Sales/Sales Report” shows nothing as does my “Reports/Products/Bestsellers”. But the dashboard shows Lifetime Sales and Average Orders and Bestsellers that reflect my 3 test orders.  I can’t tell if the reports are broken or if my understanding of the difference between orders and sales is wrong....and when does an invoice happen?

Magento Community
Magento Community

stewartcandy

I figured out why my orders where taking me to a blank screen. I had to up the memory limit in my php.ini file from the scripts running 32m to 64m.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fishnut

Total Posts:  45

this might help some others with the same problem - I had the same problem and changed the php.ini file and it didn’t help.  I then contacted my hosting company (bluehost) and they were able to solve the problem for me.  Below is what they did.  After they did their part I changed the php.ini file and the admin order problem was fixed.

Blue host tech - “I have changed you to a PHP5 (Single php.ini)
Same as PHP5, but all subdirectories will use ~/public_html/php.ini.
If you edit that file, all your folders will take affect meaning that it should work for you.
To do as you were suggested to do.
I replaced your currently php.ini with our default.
And renamed your old php.ini to php.ini.old.”

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vagabond Jewelry

Total Posts:  83

Sadly, I still don’t really understand.... how does one change the php.ini file? Where does one find it in order to change it? I have bluehost, too- do I need to call them before changing the file?

Sorry- I’m doing my best…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community